James811

Norfolk coffee co.

So yesterday my wife and I went to a festive food market at a place near us, they had everything there and as we were leaving I noticed a coffee place, me being me I had to go and look and was assuming it to be another bulk re bag job. To my surprise I saw a nice EK43 grinder and a selection of different beans. I got a bag to try as a matter of course. Now, I've been ordering coffee from rave, has bean etc etc for years. Now this was the best coffee I have ever had by quite some way. I urge you all to have a look, it's the Ethiopian I got, thank me later 

www.norfolk.coffee 

Sage Duo Temp Pro - Sage Smart Grinder Pro - Aeropress - Kalita - Coffee

Interesting, not far from my home land. 

Can you tell us a bit more about the coffee? How did you brew it, roast profile etc? Got coffee out my wazoo at the moment but curious now.

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

Yea sure. The roast was a nice light-medium but the beans had a lovely satin feel to them. The smell on opening the bag was an experience I've never had before, I've had fruity beans before but this was something else. I ran it on my machine, 10g in for 100g out in 35 seconds which is my go to long espresso based drink, it was thick, juicy, sweet and fruity. I then had an aeropress just after posting this, 12g coffee to 200g water for 4 minutes and it was a little watery, I'd probably dose 14 next time and leave everything else the same, or dose 160g water to 12g and see how that is. He had a few other coffees at the stand and I wish I'd pulled the plug and got a few haha. They change £2.50 delivery or free over £25

Sage Duo Temp Pro - Sage Smart Grinder Pro - Aeropress - Kalita - Coffee

Thanks for this, I've just ordered some 1549. I like the brew info attached to the info section on their website also.

I'll pay a visit when I'm out that way as the are local to me.

Good to hear!  I have been to their cafe - Black Apollo in Holt-but I was overloaded with beans at the time.  I guess I'll have to pop in for my next fix.

This would explain why Black Apollo’s Coffee was always so good. Used to ride with a Norwich based cycle club and it was always a favourite.

On the subject of Norfolk I recently found these guys:

https://www.waveneyvalleycoffee.co.uk

Anyone ever heard of them? They’re about 40 minutes from me and can be an easy detour on our way home to see family near Ipswich, night see if I can swing by next time we’re passing.