IGNORED

Can't reply to for sale ads

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A forum is one thing (and that is a whole different conversation in itself).   This thread is about Selling/Buying on a community based platform. It isn’t covered by regulations as such but by

A contrary argument.....this forum has changed and in effect, gone to the dogs. A large part of that is due to its own success. It went from a friendly place full of like minded folks who ignored nick

in light of the above, that limit should be raised to a year of membership and a hundred posts some people...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jony said:

Obviously your in a major rush.

Thing is as a seller if I saw his name and he made a lower offer than asking, I would think...desperate to buy and not even consider lowering the price. 😝

• Like 1

Nothing here...

I am not interested in buying, as you can see I am trying to sell, and not even trying to make really money out of it. You are assuming the worst, instead of assuming the best of people. It is just tedious to need to post 5 times.

2 hours ago, Mepl said:

It is just tedious to need to post 5 times.

It's tedious to see all the spam the stupid rule causes as well

• Like 1

Nothing here...

exactly, thats my point. the rule produces spam, and whether I produce that spam faster or slower really doesnt matter, and shouldnt matter for anyone on the forum to judge those who produce the spam. They only produce it because of the rule. Those who object to the spam should object to the rule makers, not the spam makers.

I'd like to buy the gaggia classic currently listed as my first espresso machine, but just realised I too need to meet the 5 post minimum

Edited by PhilDawes
better flow

Maybe new joiners could be directed to the sales/buying rules upon joining (by email, maybe), post a comment in the thread to say they have read and understood, post a brief introduction, post what beans they are enjoying, post what equipment they are currently using, tell someone how fab their latte art is - and Bingo!, that's 5 posts! They can post items for sale, join in with buying or making offers etcetera.

I dislike the way new joiners feel they have to make silly posts, receive rude comments back and are generally made to feel unwelcome when they are indeed very welcome to the forum :) 

If all a new joiner wants to do is JUST post something for sale then maybe use ebay knowing you won’t have to go through all the above.

Would you consider this,  @Tait ?

• Like 3

Guidelines says 'This rule has been introduced to give existing / active Coffee Forums UK Members a chance to pick up a bargain first', which I guess makes sense. It does encourage junk posting though.

2 hours ago, PhilDawes said:

Guidelines says 'This rule has been introduced to give existing / active Coffee Forums UK Members a chance to pick up a bargain first', which I guess makes sense. It does encourage junk posting though.

It is a silly rule that actually achieves nothing except generate spam posts. I have been saying it for a long time, but it needs the forum owners to make a decision. I find the continual junk postings just because of this rule very irritating as it fills the forum with what is effectively, spam. Things I would like to post in, or where someone genuinely needs help simply get buried and I often don't see them.

I cannot see any reason why this rule exists in it's present form....perhaps someone can enlighten me as to the function it performs? @PhilDawes I appreciate the fact that you read the guidelines, but they make sense only if someone couldn't make 5 posts in 5 minutes.

Please get rid of the 5 post rule!

Edited by DavecUK

Nothing here...

Home barista has quite a good policy. Not sure if I am allowed to copy or show their rules and regs for new members. But seems to stop a bit more spam as has post limits and time limits to avoid the inevitable.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Planter said:

Home barista has quite a good policy. Not sure if I am allowed to copy or show their rules and regs for new members. But seems to stop a bit more spam as has post limits and time limits to avoid the inevitable.

They are really sorted at HB ;)

• Like 1
They are really sorted at HB

I only have a look on there occasionally. But it does seem to be a good system.

• Like 1

I did not want to buy something but to sell. Selling is a service to the forum. I wanted to sell to the forum, because I thought my old wreck would find a caring owner here, rather than on ebay. If the forum prefers that I go to ebay, so be it.

13 hours ago, MildredM said:

Maybe new joiners could be directed to the sales/buying rules upon joining (by email, maybe), post a comment in the thread to say they have read and understood, post a brief introduction, post what beans they are enjoying, post what equipment they are currently using, tell someone how fab their latte art is - and Bingo!, that's 5 posts! They can post items for sale, join in with buying or making offers etcetera.

I dislike the way new joiners feel they have to make silly posts, receive rude comments back and are generally made to feel unwelcome when they are indeed very welcome to the forum :) 

If all a new joiner wants to do is JUST post something for sale then maybe use ebay knowing you won’t have to go through all the above.

Would you consider this,  @Tait ?

It does sound good. Policing it may be hard though. I'm happy to update the rules to be more specific about the types of posts that need to be made. What i'd really like to do so is build something of an escrow system with feedback on how transactions have gone. But... that's a big project.

I'm open to tweaks in line with what we have but being more specific if anyone wants to PM me them.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Tait said:

What i'd really like to do so is build something of an escrow system with feedback on how transactions have gone. But... that's a big project.

I'd be all for this. Something like the trader feedback extension would work well and minimise effort/maintenance. 

• Thanks 1

Trying to get up to the 5 posts is limiting. As someone who has been looking at this forum for years and multiple times been put off joining due to this rule.

Have now taken the plunge after watching and reading too many of @DavecUK ;reviews

There must be a better way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk