GerryM

2018 Bezzera Strega Lever Machine & Niche Zero - Coventry Area

Hi,

For sale are my 2018 Bezzera Strega TOP Lever Machine in excellent used condition, I bought the machine in February this year when it was three months old (from a very well established forum member) and since then until a few weeks ago i used it very sparingly and only used RO water from the Osmio so it's had approx 3 months of tap/bottled water and 10 months of RO water to keep it in tip top condition.

There are the usual small marks on the machine commensurate with a used machine, the only minor negative outside of minor wear and tare worth mentioning is that Bezzera make the dome cap of that sits around the bottom of the lever out of plastic rather than stainless steel and it's wrapped in some kind of foil wrapping to make it look like the rest of the machine, it is a bit uneven like it's peeling away from the plastic in a small way, it's been like this since i bought it and has zero impact other than aesthetic which most people only notice if i point it out.

The Strega is a fantastic lever machine which offers fantastic value as a used buy, new they are over £1600 at the last check. The machine has a fan club in the USA and there is a huge amount of info available on the USA forums, on this forum the Londinium takes the position as the lever to own, both have their merits and which one is best is a matter of debate. What is a fact is that because of the popularity of the Londnium you'll not find one for anywhere near the price of a used Strega and I suspect you will be very happy with the espresso from either for many years to come.

The Strega is paired with a Niche Zero in white which is also in excellent condition, approx a year old with less than 5KG of beans through it from new, there is a small mark on the rim of the grinder where the magnet that holds the lid closed has left a mark.... it's barely noticeable and mentioned for the sake of being transparent.

I would prefer to sell this kit as a set because they work so well together and i'd rather have both in the unlikely event one sold and the other didn't, however, i am open to offers on either and will consider them if they are too good to refuse :)

For the total package of the Bezzera Strega and the Niche I will accept a very, very reasonable £1200 for a straightforward sale with collection from the Coventry area please.

I have the original boxes for both items and would consider posting them at the buyers full risk and expense, however, my preference is collection and that way you can see what you are buying and ensure you are happy before taking them away.

Payment is by paypal friends if you want postage or cash only if you collect please.

Pictures will be posted shortly, thanks for your interest, please ask if you have any questions relevant to the sale and I will do my best to respond within a few hours.

• Like 5

Bezzera Strega & Niche Zero

DSC04173.JPG.521025131c4c5e132977c53e877d1ec1.JPGDSC04175.JPG.86fc3acc0359a74336000105677534bf.JPG 

DSC04185.JPG.9011f8a3b857c9c3cd0bfcae6911fae2.JPGDSC04192.JPG.7a38a8493ba4a708427c7fe9a1059488.JPGDSC04177.JPG.95ac44620b34d982270efaf3085d322b.JPGDSC04180.JPG.1ca19fcff7da7e196c56d724ba56ae06.JPGDSC04178.JPG.b37ad6ded67eef4422421e55ec8c9cf0.JPG

DSC04193.JPG.cbbf41af1fec9e3309881b1ada88a202.JPGDSC04194.JPG.0b8dda68a23e0557fd992a5d6ed191fa.JPG

Edited by GerryM
Images too large
  • Like 2

Fantastic looking machine you have there, I only require a grinder and would be willing to pay £350 + postage for the Niche given it’s probably out of warranty or close to it, and assuming you have the original packaging and accessories.

Understand you prefer to sell as a package so happy to wait a few days if an offer for both or the machine is made.

Steve

How much would shipping be?
@junglebert Thanks for your interest, where in UK would you like postage to please? Presumably you would want an insured and tracked service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, MancBlue said:
Fantastic looking machine you have there, I only require a grinder and would be willing to pay £350 + postage for the Niche

@MancBlue Steve, Thanks for your offer, I’m not certain of the length of warranty on the Niche, it’s probably a year so you’re almost certainly right about it ending.

Whilst I can’t offer a guarantee, the grinder is barely used with under 5kg of beans through it and as such I’d expect it to keep going without issue for a long time. In the unlikely event of a fault in the future I understand that Niche have excellent support.

I will hold your offer in mind although It’s a little less than I think I’d accept if I split the two.

Edited by GerryM
Typo correction

Sorry to jump in @GerryM, although I believe it’s on a point that I’ve messaged you regarding when you’ve been making purchases.

Warranties are NOT transferable as standard. If anybody is wondering about warranty then they should contact Niche directly, but you must not assume that you will obtain the benefit of any remaining warranty. edit: And that goes for any retailer. BB is the rare exception. 

Edited by filthynines
  • Like 3

Decent DE1XL ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

@junglebert
Hi,
Im happy to meet half way to avoid the risk that posting the kit presents?
I may even be able to drop it over for the cost of diesel depending upon where you are in Yorkshire.

The Strega weighs around 30kg (ish) and a ball park figure for postage is £35 plus the cost of insurance, as they are in original boxes i would post the Niche separately which will be around £20 insured.

I’m happy for you to arrange the postage and I can attach labels here if it’s more cost effective.

Although I have both original boxes I’d much prefer to meet up or for you to collect to mitigate the risk of damage.

• Like 1

Fantastic looking machine you have there, I only require a grinder and would be willing to pay £350 + postage for the Niche
@Mancblue
Hi Steve,
I’ve been advised that the going rate for a used Niche is somewhere around £400 plus postage, If you can see your way to increasing your offer to £380 plus postage we have a deal.

I have the original box and the accessories which were supplied with the Niche.

If Mancblue declines or doesn’t respond shortly then the offer stands for anyone else that would like an excellent Niche zero for £380.

Payment by cash on collection or Paypal friends and family if postage required please.

• Like 1

So tempting to just take the whole lot off you.. Only if I could pay 1200 in December ha.. I will be eating bread and drinking water in January :classic_biggrin:

@hummel89

I can throw in a few cans of baked beans and soup if that helps!

If you’d like the kit I’m happy to hold on until January/Feb for collection if you leave a holding deposit.

It’s a genuine bargain at £1200.

10 hours ago, GerryM said:

@Mancblue
Hi Steve,
I’ve been advised that the going rate for a used Niche is somewhere around £400 plus postage, If you can see your way to increasing your offer to £380 plus postage we have a deal.

I have the original box and the accessories which were supplied with the Niche.

If Mancblue declines or doesn’t respond shortly then the offer stands for anyone else that would like an excellent Niche zero for £380.

Payment by cash on collection or Paypal friends and family if postage required please.

Hi Gerry, 

Thanks for the offer. I’m deliberating whether to get a new one for the difference and peace of mind of a warranty, when I mentioned it to the better half that was her first reaction which I think opens that door ?.

If another member wants it at that price then feel free to take it.

Steve

Hi Gerry, 
Thanks for the offer. I’m deliberating....
If another member wants it at that price then feel free to take it.
Steve

No worries Steve, good luck whatever you decide.

For sale then is my Niche Zero Grinder in white which is around a year old although barely used with less than 5kg of beans through it.

The Niche comes with the original accessories and original box included for a very reasonable £380 cash on collection please or £380 plus postage at cost at buyers risk.

For transparency, there is a £1 sellers fee deal on EBay that ends today so I’m also going to list this on eBay later this evening along with my Bezzera Strega lever machine.

Thanks for your interest.

• Like 1

Ebay Discount - Just a heads up to say i've listed my Niche Zero and Strega on Ebay,  they appear to be offering a 10% discount if you buy through paypal.... I've said in the Ebay listing i won't take paypal, however, if you would like to buy either and get in touch with me via the forum while the paypal deal is still running  I will adjust the price on Ebay for you to reflect what i'm asking here and will accept paypal so you'll benefit from the discount. 

This route will mean you will get the Niche less than £350 and the Strega will be under £750 so an absolute bargain. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up, GerryM. Those are some fantastic prices! Very tempted by the niche but will pass on this occasion. In case anyone wants to make use of the 10% off coupon (PROSPER10), it expires at 10:00AM tomorrow so be quick! Best of luck with the sale.

• Like 1

On second thoughts: if you can match the price £380 price on eBay with the the added discount that'd be too good to pass up on, I'd like to buy!

• Like 2

All sorted @Mudlark, thanks very much it's a win win.

Not sure how this works, the Grinder and Strega have sold now on Ebay so no longer available. Thanks for all of the interest.

No worries Steve, good luck whatever you decide.

For sale then is my Niche Zero Grinder in white which is around a year old although barely used with less than 5kg of beans through it.

The Niche comes with the original accessories and original box included for a very reasonable £380 cash on collection please or £380 plus postage at cost at buyers risk.

For transparency, there is a £1 sellers fee deal on EBay that ends today so I’m also going to list this on eBay later this evening along with my Bezzera Strega lever machine.

Thanks for your interest.

@GerryM

Out of curiosity I was under the impression that the eBay £1 listing was only if the item sells within the alloted £1 window. So believe this was from Friday to Monday. Does the item not have to sell within that window to qualify.

I'm asking totally off topic of your sales thread but interested if anyone knows the answer or understands what I'm actually saying.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Planter said:

@GerryM

Out of curiosity I was under the impression that the eBay £1 listing was only if the item sells within the alloted £1 window. So believe this was from Friday to Monday. Does the item not have to sell within that window to qualify.

I'm asking totally off topic of your sales thread but interested if anyone knows the answer or understands what I'm actually saying.

I use this offer a lot. The final value fee is £1 as long as the item sells within 30 days of listing. There are a couple of caveats but they're fairly clear in the T&C. 

The offer window which is typically Friday to Monday is just the period within which the seller has to list or schedule to start the listing. 

/\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

I use this offer a lot. The final value fee is £1 as long as the item sells within 30 days of listing. There are a couple of caveats but they're fairly clear in the T&C. 
The offer window which is typically Friday to Monday is just the period within which the seller has to list or schedule to start the listing. 
I genuinely never knew that. All the times I tried to skim the T&Cs I couldn't quite get a clear answer so always listed on the Friday for a 3 day listing so it finished within the window.

Thank you for clarifying that though as now makes it significantly better to sell.

Cheers.

• Like 1

@planter just saw your message and see your question has been answered already.

It save a good bit in fees if you have something expensive to sell, I think it can be used with a ‘good until sold listing’ as well as shorter durations.

Just have to be careful with the T&Cs around categories and making amendments to the listing or multiple items in same listing, as far as I recall, which are excluded from the offer.

It worked well last night with both items going to forum members at a cost to e of £1 fee and the PayPal fee and the buyers got to use PayPal and save a good bit with the 10% discount offer.

A good result all around.

@planter just saw your message and see your question has been answered already.

It save a good bit in fees if you have something expensive to sell, I think it can be used with a ‘good until sold listing’ as well as shorter durations.

Just have to be careful with the T&Cs around categories and making amendments to the listing or multiple items in same listing, as far as I recall, which are excluded from the offer.

It worked well last night with both items going to forum members at a cost to e of £1 fee and the PayPal fee and the buyers got to use PayPal and save a good bit with the 10% discount offer.

A good result all around.

Very good result. And also pleased you guys have confirmed the workings better to me. Have used ebay for almost 2 decades now and thought I understood it all. Shows that I still know nothing as my wife always tells me. Seems like she's right. Again

• Like 1

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo