cambosheff

Mahlkonig EK43 - Black

Purchased new October 2019 (can provide proof of purchase if required).

This is the newest version of the EK43 (metal buttons not the red/green plastic ones, aluminium burr carrier etc). Other than having the burrs aligned it's practically unused (I put about 1kg coffee through after aligning the burrs). It comes with a custom mini hopper not the big original EK one.

It was originally going to be part of home setup as a retirement gift, but due to a change circumstance it's now no longer required.

Any inspection welcome. Collection only (Sheffield).

£1650.

• Like 2

Hi,

I presume it has the coffee burrs on it. If that is the case, would you be open to an offer of £1500?

Thanks,

Khash.

Hi@Khashy

It does have the coffee burrs yeah. For a forum member I’d come down to £1600 but that’d be the lowest for now.

Thanks

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That is a ridiculously good deal for a not even 2 month old machine! I wish I'd held off buying mine new a few months ago :(
This is bound to be gone by the morning thankfully

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

Hi@Khashy

It does have the coffee burrs yeah. For a forum member I’d come down to £1600 but that’d be the lowest for now.

Thanks
Lee

Thanks Lee, I am obviously keen on the grinder however it is way above what I should really be committing to my hobby given my particular circumstances and £1,500 was honestly pushing the envelope for me.

That said, I have been aching for a grinder upgrade from my SJ and after much research and consulting people much more knowledgeable than I, it seems like an EK43 is the right match for me and where I want to take my coffee journey.

How would you feel about splitting the difference between my offer of £1500 and your suggestion of £1600?

I also have to ask if you’ll be making a trip anywhere towards the south at any point in the near future? The reason I ask is that my very very heavily pregnant wife is very scared of going to labour when I’m not around and the mere thought of it happening when I’m potentially away from north London by some 3-4 hours would absolutely terrify her. So every little would help and I hope this does not come across as me being rude.

Thanks,
Khash.

This grinder is a steal - virtually brand new and substantially reduced from list price of £2,400. The coffee burrs will grind perfectly for espresso and pour over. 

• Like 8

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

I'm glad I already have an EK otherwise I'd be getting very twitchy.. The EK43S is a lot more kitchen friendly as well compared to the tower cranes that are their bigger brothers..

• Like 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Hi, can you confirm if this is the EK43 or EK43S?

Does this cone with the alignment tool?

I wish I lived in the area. Perfect offer from a nice person.

• Like 1

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

Hi, can you confirm if this is the EK43 or EK43S?

Does this cone with the alignment tool?

It’s not the S. I’ll add some pictures later but here’s one I’ve got on my phone.

3686bf5ee7d6531fcd8cce95930056a8.jpg

The alignment tool I’ve borrowed from another forum member. I’m not sure if it was the one donated to the forum or his personally, but it isn’t included in the sale.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Lee, I am obviously keen on the grinder however it is way above what I should really be committing to my hobby given my particular circumstances and £1,500 was honestly pushing the envelope for me.

That said, I have been aching for a grinder upgrade from my SJ and after much research and consulting people much more knowledgeable than I, it seems like an EK43 is the right match for me and where I want to take my coffee journey.

How would you feel about splitting the difference between my offer of £1500 and your suggestion of £1600?

I also have to ask if you’ll be making a trip anywhere towards the south at any point in the near future? The reason I ask is that my very very heavily pregnant wife is very scared of going to labour when I’m not around and the mere thought of it happening when I’m potentially away from north London by some 3-4 hours would absolutely terrify her. So every little would help and I hope this does not come across as me being rude.

Thanks,
Khash.

Hi@Khashy I’ll give the offer some consideration and drop you another reply. I’ve no immediate plan to travel down south but if something comes up that sends me that way I’ll be sure to update you.

Thanks again,
Lee

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rhys said:

I'm glad I already have an EK otherwise I'd be getting very twitchy.. The EK43S is a lot more kitchen friendly as well compared to the tower cranes that are their bigger brothers..

It appears to be the taller of the two Rhys but with the smaller capacity hopper.

Its a very tempting offer but would dwarf  everything on my coffee corner counter 🤔.

J.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

If this was the S, I would've had this just to give a try. Always wanted one. Just my little coffee corner won't accommodate a standard height even with the small hopper.

Good luck with the sale Lee. Don't thunk it'll be around long.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi@Khashy I’ll give the offer some consideration and drop you another reply. I’ve no immediate plan to travel down south but if something comes up that sends me that way I’ll be sure to update you.

Thanks again,
Lee

Thank you very much Lee, I really hope we can work it out - it’ll be coming to a good home for sure.

I looked up courier prices, circa £35, so if you won’t be heading south and would be willing to allow the use of a courier, the transportation should be doable.

Thanks,
Khash.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)