Daily_Grind

Francis Francis X1, 1st Gen Double shot basket

Any one have one of these at the back of the kitchen drawer maybe?  Approx 60mm to the outside edge of the rim, It's for the earliest X1 with an aluminium boiler.

I know, not the greatest machine, but I was given it and set about the challenge of stripping/rebuilding and found it strangely satisfying to get it working.  Only came with single basket.

P.S. Will definitely be passing on to someone who likes this sort of thing.  My Gaggia Classic will continue in pride of place in my kitchen 🙂

2019-12-03 01.18.33.jpg

Gaggia Classic (Pre-Phillips 1425w, OPV Mod, Silvia Steam Wand) / RR45

Any one have one of these at the back of the kitchen drawer maybe?  Approx 60mm to the outside edge of the rim, It's for the earliest X1 with an aluminium boiler.
I know, not the greatest machine, but I was given it and set about the challenge of stripping/rebuilding and found it strangely satisfying to get it working.  Only came with single basket.
P.S. Will definitely be passing on to someone who likes this sort of thing.  My Gaggia Classic will continue in pride of place in my kitchen

448106956_2019-12-0301_18_33.thumb.jpg.6a8c3d519abe41e30a06fa2dc6cd9244.jpg
Have you tried one of your Classic baskets for fit?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

If only life was that simple ashcroc; the Gaggia baskets are 68mm diameter at the rim.

3 hours ago, Daily_Grind said:

If only life was that simple ashcroc; the Gaggia baskets are 68mm diameter at the rim.

I will have one of these somewhere

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

By " one of these" I assume you mean the 60mm double shot I'm after?

That would be great.  Though I'm familiar with difficulties of locating that "somewhere" when I'm trying to find an item I know I have from the distant past.

Patiently optimistic coffeechap. :good:

Spoiler

By " one of these" I assume you mean the 60mm double shot I'm after?
That would be great.  Though I'm familiar with difficulties of locating that "somewhere" when I'm trying to find an item I know I have from the distant past.
Patiently optimistic coffeechap. :good:
Spoiler

don't worry, dude keeps a thing or two stored away - well sorted

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)