Rhys

One of those days....

..where you just want to say bollox and go back to bed..

Making coffee for my other half.. Weighed out some beans, turned on the Versalab and poured them in.. A few seconds in and the grinder seizes up, back cog spinning bits off the belt.. Argh!!! :( 

Opens it up and finds a small piece of wood!!! WOOD!! At least the belt slip thing has done its job and nothing was damaged.

Half hour later after cleaning up beans I’d thrown on the worktop in panic, and hoovered up the mess from inside the grinder, I then put it all back together.

Pushed herself’s coffee aside and proceeded to measure out 17.5g of LSOL. Wound the M3 to my desired setting, turned on and tipped the beans in... BOLLOX!!!

Hoovered up the mess again and put the portafilter into the grinder..

Looking all around me now expecting the third thing to go wrong.... :classic_rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a better Sunday than me.. If anyone needs me I’ll be falling off a shed roof this afternoon.. :classic_blink:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Look on the bright side.....you have 2 other grinders. ;)

P.S. I'll also bet you have a hand grinder if all else fails.

• Like 1

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Oh Dear! I’m having a marginally better Sunday than yourself @Rhys!! But not looking forward to being dragged around Christmas shopping 😝

Edited by lake_m
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Look on the bright side.....you have 2 other grinders. ;)

P.S. I'll also bet you have a hand grinder if all else fails.

EK43 , Mazzer Major, Niche...

Yeah, got a Hario Skerton as well :D  Be stuffed if I’m using it for espresso though :classic_rolleyes:

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

10 hours ago, Rhys said:

.... tales of woe!!.....

I think that officially counts as a Bollix Day!

• Haha 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Oh FFS!!!!! Not again!!!

493AEDD5-B652-41F6-8E18-8521F75C8FCD.thumb.jpeg.22e32c27224fc59ece1afd13ea9de98d.jpeg

You just can’t make it up 😫

• Like 2

Just done the same here 😳

AB34EB82-5D23-434D-983B-DF49D3DEF8A4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

4 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Just done the same here 😳

The conic is saying, "I can see why you need the cover now MAX"  😹

• Haha 1

At least mine's a nice, symmetrical mess :classic_rolleyes: :classic_laugh: (the grinder was still spinning when I took the pic. As soon as I stopped it, it dumped what was still inside it all over..)

• Haha 1

Oh FFS!!!!! Not again!!!
493AEDD5-B652-41F6-8E18-8521F75C8FCD.thumb.jpeg.22e32c27224fc59ece1afd13ea9de98d.jpeg
You just can’t make it up 
They say they come in 3's.

So fingers crossed you should be all good now. Until the next set of 3 start.....

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Feels like sneaking a look into the staff common room at school and seeing all the heads of year scratching their names on desk lids. 

• Haha 1

Oh FFS!!!!! Not again!!!
You just can’t make it up 
Have you considered a takeaway container strategically place to catch the grinds when you forget something?
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

344C3747-0095-45B2-91B7-96175EFD6857.thumb.jpeg.9fabf11388f4a770678987b99bf6cc33.jpeg

Left myself an idiot note.. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1