Diggy87

For Sale - 2006 Gaggia Classic

For Sale -

I’m moving my 2006 Classic on, it’s just not getting the use it deserves any more so it’s time for me to find it a new home.

Its had all new seals about 6 months ago

Brass dispersion plate

IMS shower screen

OPV mod

Silvia steam wand

Silicone grouphead seal 

Portafilter with single and double baskets

I’ll be back flushing it over this weekend so it’s ready to go.

Collection only from Derbyshire or possibly from Stoke On Trent if needed

Price - £165

C35C8419-2852-4B5C-9318-EDD89972B141.jpeg

Apologies, I’ve not yet found the single basket but it does have 1 normal double baskets and 1 pressurised double baskets. 

If I come across the single basket obviously I will also include it. 

I’ll leave this up for another couple of days then I may also put it on gumtree, assuring that’s not breaching any forum rules

Nice machine, fully sorted for someone. Just thinking, you might want to add a postage option at the buyers risk, should only cost about £8

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

1 hour ago, jimbojohn55 said:

Nice machine, fully sorted for someone. Just thinking, you might want to add a postage option at the buyers risk, should only cost about £8

Thanks for the head up and a fair point. How do I edit the post? I’ve a lot different to when I used to be a little more active on here

If the edit option has gone on the first post then just do a new post in the thread below with confirmation of price and postage option ?

• Like 1

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

Ok I’ll open this up to postage at the buyers cost and risk. 

Obviously I’d make sure it was packed up the best I could. 

Thanks 

Just for transparency @Bica60s has messaged me with a couple of questions. No negotiations or offer have been made. 

Yes, just caught up with forum rules and just asked a question regarding the OPV adjustment but I'll repeat it here for the sale of transparency:

Why is this mod done when the pressure capability of a machine isn't necessarily what it ramps up to when dispensing a shot which I understood to be controlled by the grind/tamp  (eg, if a machine is capable of 15 Bar but generates only 9 bar at the grouphead before passing a shot....is there any need to regulate the OPV to 9 bar?).  This wasn't the exact wording but was what I was after, as I (or my wife at least) would want the higher pressures to be available for ese pod use in case we decide to use those as well.

That question might get a better response on a more appropriate sub forum, it'll certainly reach a wider audience. 

Good point Junglebert.  Rather than waste everyone's time I'll do a little research myself and if I can't find the answer I'll post on the main forum then.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas 

Surely someone wants to part with their Christmas money ?

reasonable offers will be considered. 

Judging by hubcaps reaction first offer was unreasonable. Have edited offer accordingly. 

tbh It was not the offer, I was thinking more that a thank you for the heads up would have been nice.

but I was in a bit of a mood at the time, so no worries, I'll retract my sad reaction.

lol

Edited by hubcap

I’m afraid I didn’t see the offer so I’m not sure what the offer was, but it be willing to meet you in the middle at £150 @Ilaher

Thanks for the offer. Sorry I’ll have decline as after doing some research I’ve decided against an aluminium boiler which I’m assuming the 2006 version has. 

Yes it does. You will always see arguments for and against it I guess. 

Just now, Diggy87 said:

Yes it does. You will always see arguments for and against it I guess. 

Very true. Lots of conflicting messages out there for a newbie!  What’s the state of the boiler on the one you’ve listed? 

Hopefully these photos of the inside of the machine help

5B293EAD-4746-481D-93D0-0B3AA58A0F46.jpeg

B9D4E073-5152-4C75-9467-D6F47AC11EBC.jpeg

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png