Hairy_Hogg

LSOL December - Drop Coffee [Stockholm]

Ooh, these arrived today! I wasn’t expecting them this quick, very exciting. Given recent postal delays locally, I’m dead pleased these weren’t affected. Saw the label so no guess here. Looking forward to these, Drop are great. Thanks to all involved.

• Like 1

Mine have 'dropped' so it's time to thank all involved in getting these from Sweden to a sleepy outback in Somerset. A Drop virgin so looking forward to finding out what all fuss is about, expecting great things. Cheers all

• Like 2

"I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might just be awake."

Great Beans!

Had my two French Press long drinks this morning, great smooth depth of flavour.

Looking forward to an espresso later today.

• Like 1

Mine have landed as well..... :-) 

• Like 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Just picked mine up from Camino del Sortingoffice. Yeah I saw the label. "Noooo, they labelled them" gave way to "Yay, a Yirgacheffe!" I'm so stoked for these.

Just got back from visiting the legends that are *Chief Coffee* in Chiswick, who were kind enough to let me play on their LM FB80 this morning. Honduras from Workshop for my flattie. They also have a basement full of pinball...

___
Eat, drink and be merry

• Like 1

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

8 minutes ago, hotmetal said:

Just picked mine up from Camino del Sortingoffice. Yeah I saw the label. "Noooo, they labelled them" gave way to "Yay, a Yirgacheffe!" I'm so stoked for these.

Just got back from visiting the legends that are *Chief Coffee* in Chiswick, who were kind enough to let me play on their LM FB80 this morning. Honduras from Workshop for my flattie. They also have a basement full of pinball...

___
Eat, drink and be merry

No spoiler alert??  ???

• Like 2

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

No spoiler alert?? 
If you can get them out of the box blindfolded then I'll apologise hahaha!

___
Eat, drink and be merry

• Haha 1

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Mine are here too :)))

Thanks again for doing all the hard worth Hairy and co x

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Mine arrived safely too and am guaranteed to be the only imbiber of this lot ( Sarah has a marmite issue with Ethiopians :) )

Thanks for all the effort to get these too us before Christmas, appreciated as always

John

• Like 1

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 105Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

No sign of mine as yet. Is there a tracking ref?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Still waiting on mine also.. Is it royal mail delivery?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

18 hours ago, hotmetal said:

Just picked mine up from Camino del Sortingoffice. Yeah I saw the label. "Noooo, they labelled them" gave way to "Yay, a blah blah" I'm so stoked for these.

___
Eat, drink and be merry

? I was planning to get someone else to open them and pour into a label-less bag

Would remove that part of your post to spare others who had the same plan..

I was planning to get someone else to open them and pour into a label-less bag

Would remove that part of your post to spare others who had the same plan..
Oops sorry! Hadn't thought of that, I figured the cat was out of the bag now anyway. Apologies. Can't seem to edit any more, plus I've been quoted. Sorry for being the grinch at Christmas. It's like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker on Christmas eve. "I know what you've got for Christmas, Luke, pssssss" "But father, how?"
"Pfffff... I felt your presents"

___
Eat, drink and be merry

15 hours ago, urbanbumpkin said:

No sign of mine as yet. Is there a tracking ref?

No tracking ref as we sent (to save the coffers) standard 2nd class. However it seems as I sent so much I get a delivery ref and this is saying they have not attempted the delivery yet.

• Like 1

Mr LSOL - July offering here -> Clicky <-

Bah humbug ! And I'd just got my wife to duct tape the labels on all 4 boxes ! At least I got to try about 4 espressos this morning in blissful ignorance :)
went coarser on each one sticking to a 18-40 22-28sec. I think the last shot was probably the nicest although I feel I need to move closer to the 18-50 mark to tone down zing. Or maybe up the PI pressure :) My first impressions were mellow delicate floral with extra long finish.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LR - EK43S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

No show here yet and the postie has been.  Any chance of checking on the status on your checking thing @Hairy_Hogg

a grinder a lever and some beans

I've sent a few things 2nd class over the last fortnight and they've taken an unusually long time (5-7 working days). Seems RM is backed up and/or de-prioritising second class in the run up to Christmas, so wouldn't be too worried if you guys are still waiting. 

• Like 2

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

Delivery delays are rampant - I sent some stuff 1st Class Signed For on Monday and nothing has turned up at the other end yet. Funnily enough something I posted to America Friday afternoon late on WAS delivered today!

• Like 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

I received mine today.. Thanks all involved for getting this done at this time of year. Looking forward to trying these over the festive period.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Mine arrived yesterday, collected them today will try them tomorrow. Thanks for all the work getting this done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, catpuccino said:

I've sent a few things 2nd class over the last fortnight and they've taken an unusually long time (5-7 working days). Seems RM is backed up and/or de-prioritising second class in the run up to Christmas, so wouldn't be too worried if you guys are still waiting. 

I concur. We were waiting on a second class parcel from a friend that was a slightly unusual shape and it was in the mail eleven days! 

Edited by Ghostrider

Coffee just arrived.  Unlike a parcel from Hermes that they say they had trouble delivering on Saturday.  Its now been sat in their system since Tuesday unactioned - 10 days and counting

• Like 1

a grinder a lever and some beans

Mine turned up today too. Happy days.

• Like 2

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper