Coffee Forums banner

LSOL December - Drop Coffee [Stockholm]

9K views 117 replies 34 participants last post by  9719 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know it is early but this is going to be a logistical challenge.....

So, Happy Christmas LSOL's December offering is going to be Drop Coffee, once featured here wayyyyy back in November 2017

I have mooted that this was going to happen and have spent a long time discussing what was possible with about 6 Euro roasters and trying to get an affordable price for us. I have ended up with Drop who have been really great to work with and flexible.

As mentioned, this is a unique bean. Drop told me "This is the first time this coffee is being processed" also "We are really excited about this coffee, but won't be releasing it for a little while." and "I doubt they have ever tried anything like this before" - This will be an OMNIROAST bean

They are going to roast this on the 9th December and send to me, I am then going to send it out to you lucky people.... However, the challenge I have is that I am out for a few days next week on a course and then going to New York on the 7th December (50th Birthday Present ?) and I land the morning of the 11th (when the beans should be coming to my house) I am then going to attempt to get these out based on DPD getting to me before 3pm as I have a 4 hour drive for an all day meeting next day so they will either get re-posted to you on the 11th or the 13th. This should be fine but I wanted you all to know the timescales, constraints and reason for the early thread as I can hear some of you now thinking "I have not even tried November's beans yet"

So, guest spots are £26.5 a pop (500g) due to the posting via DPD to me of the complete order and then the onwards posting cost, I will close the list Monday evening so I can get the list to Drop. Please, if you are going to take a spot I need you to keep an eye on PM's and pay @Daren promptly so we can confirm the order or we will have to bump you off the list.

So, post below if you want a slice of this Christmas cake..... :)

See less See more
#3 ·
doubt they have ever tried anything like this before
Drop were fabulous on their last LSOL but this line ^^^
Is it going to be a typical light roast (as in the usual LSOL offerings . . . ) I want to put my name down but kind of want to know it's going to be pretty straightforward to dial in and not something so way out it's going to be a challenge. While I like a challenge . . .
I know what I mean!!!!!!!! Just not getting it across very well!

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Very exciting. Is it 1kg only for guest spots? Sorry, I think that was confirmed somewhere else.

I'm also with @MildredM in that I want to check it's well suited for espresso. We wouldn't get through a kilo of very brewed centric beans in good time. Espresso, now that's another matter.

Thanks @Hairy_Hogg and of course @Daren for sorting this. I love Drop. Have a great 50th HH.

#6 ·
Very exciting. Is it 1kg only for guest spots? Sorry, I think that was confirmed somewhere else.
I'm also with @MildredM in that I want to check it's well suited for espresso. We wouldn't get through a kilo of very brewed centric beans in good time. Espresso, now that's another matter.
Thanks @Hairy_Hogg and of course @Daren for sorting this. I love Drop. Have a great 50th HH.
This is a 500g guest slot. If you want a kilo then add your name twice and we can do something with the postage cost to reduce the price marginally. [emoji1360]

#16 ·
Challenge is here the beans are moderately priced, we then pay shipping to the UK via DPD then I am sending out so we pay a second postage.

Works out £13.25 delivered for 250g for a good nordic roaster who are supplying a great bean to us.

If anyone want a kilo the price goes down as there is not 2 x postage.

#18 ·
Challenge is here the beans are moderately priced, we then pay shipping to the UK via DPD then I am sending out so we pay a second postage.

Works out £13.25 delivered for 250g for a good nordic roaster who are supplying a great bean to us.

If anyone want a kilo the price goes down as there is not 2 x postage.
Yeah I fully understand; on a relative level it's completely reasonable! Just on an absolute level with holidays coming up which empty the wallet etc, this lsol might not get as much love as it deserves from guests

#17 ·
I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted but I've just finished some Drop Ana Sora and it's fantastic, they really are amazing roasters!! I would definitely advise getting on board! :)

Reactions: Daren
#28 ·
I'm nearly beanless, are these still 'Dropping" early next week? Ta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.