Squidgyblack

Brewista Smart Scale V2 -

Showing almost 95 euros on that link - not sure the pounds exchange rate vs euro is that good!

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Cafelat Robot  Grinders : Compak R120, Compak E10, Mythos One Clima Pro, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47, OE Apex

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

There's a code @Stevebee. Works out 47 EUR plus shipping. Good deal on a scale you don't see come up for sale much at a reasonable price.

• Like 2

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

9 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

Showing almost 95 euros on that link - not sure the pounds exchange rate vs euro is that good!

Yeah it shows as full price but if you use the code 'GREENFRIDAY' it's 50% off.

I've been looking at picking up one for a while but never see them drop in price so jumped on it straight away.

They also have Hario V60 scales and Baratza Encores included in the discount code too.

That’s a good price

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Cafelat Robot  Grinders : Compak R120, Compak E10, Mythos One Clima Pro, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47, OE Apex

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

Am mighty tempted by these. How responsive are they?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Might get a set rather than the cheaper amazon ones, look good and waterproof is an added bonus! 

Sage DB - Niche - Torr 58.55 sharp edge - Osmio Zero 

19 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

Am mighty tempted by these. How responsive are they?

No first hand experience but I've read and watched reviews in the past, all pretty positive. I think the V2's are considered more robust than the originals which had waterproofing issues. A couple of local specialty cafes use them here too (noticeable at the bar with the orange backlight!). 

• Like 1

For reference...I notice a used pair with a battery fault warning sold for £44 BIN on eBay yesterday within 24 hours. ?

No first hand experience but I've read and watched reviews in the past, all pretty positive. I think the V2's are considered more robust than the originals which had waterproofing issues. A couple of local specialty cafes use them here too (noticeable at the bar with the orange backlight!). 
Thanks. Just ordered a set.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Really good deal - quite a few people asked about scales recently, I hope they all see this.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip, tamper and stand, portafilter stand  /  Monolith Titan MAX and something or other on order  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  EPHQ 14g baskets & 15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: HasBean, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

3 hours ago, Squidgyblack said:

Just got an email to say Coffeeangel are selling the Brewista Smart Scale V2 for around £50 shipped if anyone's interested (ships from Ireland).

https://coffeeangel.com/shop/product/brewista-smart-scale 

The discount code is GREENFRIDAY

Thanks just ordered one myself

ACS Vesuvius / Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux / Niche Zero Black Eureka Zenith 65E / Rancilio Rocky 2015 / Gene Cafe CBR-101 Osmio Zero Black Torr goldfinger 58.55 sharp edge 

1 hour ago, eddie57 said:

Thanks just ordered one myself

Purchased one as well, bargain for £48

Sage DB - Niche - Torr 58.55 sharp edge - Osmio Zero 

Thanks for the heads up - just ordered. My timer went wrong yesterday & my scales look like they are on the way out as well so this was great timing!

I can recommend that scale. Use it every day for V60 brews.

Just wonder why they say “All Sales are final. No refunds, exchanges or returns”?

Not sure if that is even legal...

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero & Comandante C40 Mk3

1 minute ago, Johey said:

I can recommend that scale. Use it every day for V60 brews.

Just wonder why they say “All Sales are final. No refunds, exchanges or returns”?

Not sure if that is even legal...

It's not under EU regulations anyways. 

I picked up my stuff today from their shop around the corner from my office, it's all brand new in the box etc, so not sure why they've thrown that in there. They're a fairly reputable chain here in Dublin too.

33 minutes ago, Squidgyblack said:

It's not under EU regulations anyways. 

I picked up my stuff today from their shop around the corner from my office, it's all brand new in the box etc, so not sure why they've thrown that in there. They're a fairly reputable chain here in Dublin too.

Ireland is an EU member though? Or does those rules not apply to Ireland?

11 minutes ago, Johey said:

Ireland is an EU member though? Or does those rules not apply to Ireland?

It is aye. I was agreeing saying it's not legal. Irish regulations are actually a bit more strict in terms of a standalone sale of goods act:

"Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, anything you buy from a retailer must be:

- of merchantable quality
- fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable
- as described, whether the description is part of the advertising or wrapping, on a label, or something said by the salesperson.

When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair."

• Like 1

Ah ok. So no one should be worried about that...

and as I said I can recommend the scale.

The Brewistas were all showing as sold out when i went to order some.

so i went for some of the vario ones instead they arrived  today but damaged just emailed coffee angel to see what the have to say. 

any body else have any issues?  

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo