cambosheff

Sage Dual Boiler (Latest iteration) - £699 inc del & 2 year warranty

At this price I'd say it'd be tough to find a better dual boiler. By latest iteration I purely mean colours. There were cheap black sesame ones kicking about as they've discontinued that colour and replaced it with this.

https://www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=SES920BTR

Edited by cambosheff
  • Like 3

I’ve always wanted one of these [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

I’ve always wanted one of these [emoji4]

If you get one, I'll gladly take your la pav off you for a rock bottom cheap price to give you more space! [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]
  • Like 3

Laissez les bons temps rouler

If you get one, I'll gladly take your la pav off you for a rock bottom cheap price to give you more space! [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Why put these thoughts in my head?! WHY?! [emoji23]

• Like 3

@SkateReclaimCreate

22 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

I’ve always wanted one of these emoji4.png

doIt.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joey24dirt said:

I’ve always wanted one of these emoji4.png

Don't do it - you'll spend too much time wondering what other machines would really be an upgrade. :(;)

Worse still it's foibles slowly become acceptable. LOL there are only 2 so that not too difficult. One doesn't matter.

John

-

• Like 1

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

Don't do it - you'll spend too much time wondering what other machines would really be an upgrade. [emoji20][emoji6]
[emoji732] Worse still it's foibles slowly become acceptable. LOL there are only 2 so that not too difficult. One doesn't matter.
John
-

I could’ve never justify the spend anyway. I’d likely look to pick up a knackered one for cheap if one comes up.

Out of interest, what are the two bad things?

@SkateReclaimCreate

The flow meter is before the over pressure valve so has the same limitation as the BE - they aren't that accurate so if lots of water goes out of that the shot accuracy is lost. Total flow accuracy is probably ok. They have the same blue sector on the pressure gauge so it looks like they intend people to brew without it opening. Might try that one day but the chinese have started make higher pressure plastic flow meters ;) so may try moving it.

The other is pucks sticking to the shower screen. Doesn't happen with my usual bean does at times with others and I may be getting the uncanny ability to guess a dose where it doesn't happen. It seems to be directly related to dose. Easy fix is a few seconds push of the shot button  after a shot is pulled but I just remove the portafilter and if stuck put it back on.

LOL They are also very green - no bottled water - unless some one has rather hard water. Being able to descale easily is I feel important.

John

-

Edited by ajohn
  • Like 1

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

The flow meter is before the over pressure valve so has the same limitation as the BE - they aren't that accurate so if lots of water goes out of that the shot accuracy is lost. Total flow accuracy is probably ok. They have the same blue sector on the pressure gauge so it looks like they intend people to brew without it opening. Might try that one day but the chinese have started make higher pressure plastic flow meters [emoji6] so may try moving it.
The other is pucks sticking to the shower screen. Doesn't happen with my usual bean does at times with others and I may be getting the uncanny ability to guess a dose where it doesn't happen. It seems to be directly related to dose. Easy fix is a few seconds push of the shot button  after a shot is pulled but I just remove the portafilter and if stuck put it back on.
LOL They are also very green - no bottled water - unless some one has rather hard water. Being able to descale easily is I feel important.
John
-

Thanks John, interesting about the flow meter. Potential for modding then... just what I like [emoji4]

I’m off to Ebay now to see what’s out there

@SkateReclaimCreate

I'd get the new one if I were you Joey 'cause you wont save much on a used one. The refurbs are knocking on £500 or so and don't crop up often.

On the other hand it's easy to change O rings, descale etc but electrical bits and pieces are another matter. Pity really because things like ntc thermisters will be standard parts. Expect the anti vac valve is too but very probably entirely stainless. Looks like the solenoid can be changed to a number of makes but easy to clean if it rattles.

I want a Sage pipe to move it. Don't fancy cutting any of my existing ones just in case. The ends are not easy to make but the pipe can be joined with push fit parts. J Guest looks to be the best option on those.

John

-

• Like 1

I replaced my Vesuvius with one of these and also bought one for work.  So far I have no regrets.  I've reduced the pump power but not touched the OPV or done the flow profiling mod.  The sticking puck was annoying but when it happens I just use a straightened paperclip to poke the puck and it releases the pressure and the puck drops out.  Wiggling the pf around worked but left coffee all around the seal so was a pain.  I paid this price for stainless.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Not sure how long it’s on for but there’s an additional 10% off as I type so it’s down to £629. Bargain!

• Like 3

ee2b4e3b840da4987fcc053b34fce28e.jpg

[emoji106][emoji4]

• Like 6

@SkateReclaimCreate

14 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

emoji106.pngemoji4.png

Hahaha, that escalated quickly. 

• Like 2

/\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

Hahaha, that escalated quickly. 

Yeah cheers for that Cambo [emoji85]

• Like 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

[emoji106][emoji4]

Have you worked out where the stripes are going on it yet? [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

8 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

Yeah cheers for that Cambo emoji85.png

LOL I warned you about buying one ! ? Might be no going back.

John

-

• Like 1

Have you worked out where the stripes are going on it yet? [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Haha not yet [emoji23]

@SkateReclaimCreate

LOL I warned you about buying one ! [emoji1] Might be no going back.
John
-

Haven’t pulled a shot yet butt looking forward to

@SkateReclaimCreate

Congratulations and looking forward to hearing how it tastes. Has this latest version at all evolved in anyway over the years or pretty much the same ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Congratulations and looking forward to hearing how it tastes. Has this latest version at all evolved in anyway over the years or pretty much the same ?

This is the older machine. Have to admit... I managed to source one second hand, but it’s like new so I’m a happy chappy [emoji4][emoji106]

• Like 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

Good on you! Ive always thought on paper this machine offers a lot for the money. Small brew boiler incorporated into grouphead with a quick heat up time is i think the right set up for all dual boiler machines for the home. Just quite a few negative impressions on here regarding longevity!

• Like 2

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Good on you! Ive always thought on paper this machine offers a lot for the money. Small brew boiler incorporated into grouphead with a quick heat up time is i think the right set up for all dual boiler machines for the home. Just quite a few negative impressions on here regarding longevity!

I think this one is maybe two years old. Looks ace. Just made a flat white. Shot buttons piece of cake to program and the steaming is super easy.

It’s had some mod work done so the pump pressure is lower, and it seems to be a great thing to be done.

This was always my dream machine when moving from my delonghi a few years back, so I’m well pleased to finally have one.

• Like 3

@SkateReclaimCreate

At this price I'd say it'd be tough to find a better dual boiler. By latest iteration I purely mean colours. There were cheap black sesame ones kicking about as they've discontinued that colour and replaced it with this.

https://www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=SES920BTR
I I've be just ordered one as well [emoji2956] I can't wait, I need a grinder now [emoji102]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo