Northern_Monkey

Wanted La Pavoni Europiccola or similar

Wanted a used, smallish lever espresso machine that heats up quickly and is easily serviced. Posted or collected from London or surrounding areas.

La Pavoni Europiccola or Professional would be ideal, cosmetic condition not that important but it needs to be in working order.

Open to other suggestions but not looking to spend Londinium money though as it is a bit of a whim.

@coffeechap had a nice one for sale - not sure if it sold though

LR, ZM

@coffeechap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

I have really nice europiccola if that of interest  also have a professional @Northern_Monkey

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 2

AKA Toffee chips

52 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

I have really nice europiccola if that of interest  also have a professional

@coffeechap sounds interesting!

How much would you be looking for each of them? A link or pictures would be nice, also to find out if they are pre or post millennium in terms of basket sizing.

Edited by Northern_Monkey

I have black base pre millennium with modern element and pressure stat, a mint chrome post millennium that is on eBay And a pre millennium professional in brass, what king of budget do you have

Here is the brass one 

53220124-447E-4E66-8D4D-960426DE3894.jpeg

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 3

AKA Toffee chips

The brass one is a bit steam punk!

Looking at around 200 at this point, so would be lower end really and mint ones would be out of my price range.

20 minutes ago, Northern_Monkey said:

Looking at around 200 at this point, so would be lower end really and mint ones would be out of my price range.

Agreed the brass is very steam punk mine have all been serviced so are a bit more than you are looking to pay, good luck

AKA Toffee chips

Just be careful who you buy off if your going to chance one off eBay, ask for a photo inside the boiler. There are good ones that come up but you have to be quick as demand is high. Personally I’d say pay the extra if it’s at all possible and have one from@coffeechap . A service kit is £50ish plus the time to fit it all and that’s if you don’t uncover any other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

This is the black vase one, which is £225

4A2B5538-FF30-430F-B1CF-1E4F6AD07D67.jpeg

Edited by coffeechap

AKA Toffee chips

Picked up a very shiny chrome based millennium model from @coffeechap in the end so I think older the black one is still available.

The larger group and non painted base were worth the extra, first shots looked pretty promising so far as well. Thanks again for dropping it off when you were in London, the timing worked out nicely!

• Like 1

On 08/11/2019 at 16:31, Northern_Monkey said:

Thanks for the suggestion, grabbed a link off another thread. I think it sold if it was this pretty flash 70s one!

https://ebay.us/zTIaFa

It was that one. I bought it and it is beautiful (coffee not bad too!)

Feel I was lucky to become the custodian of that masterpiece for  hopefully a  long while. (EOL?)

I will pass on details to my daughter to research where it should go afterwards.

• Like 2

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)