mark8805

My Finished 2008 La Pavoni Europiccola!!

Have upgraded my 2008 La Pav with the following

Pressure Profile Kit

Stainless Steel Base Plate

Stainless Steel Portafilter

Group Head Thermometer and Holder

Stainless Steel Handles

La Pavoni Towel

The Glorious Flying Eagle

To me it looks fabulous, here are some pics taken today Friday 08th November 2019, hope you all are approving of my Masterpiece!! 😁

16g in with @Niche Coffee grinder(no water spray!!), should read 32g out in 32 secs.

La Pav Finished.jpg

La Pav 6.jpg

La Pav 5.jpg

La Pav 4.jpg

La Pav 3.jpg

• Like 13

Osmio Zero Reverse Osmosis System-No Installation, Niche Zero, Profitec 600 Dual Boiler.

Looks stunning! Very impressive. Just missing the fins! Btw where is the thermometer attached ? Grouphead exterior?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Looks stunning! Very impressive. Just missing the fins! Btw where is the thermometer attached ? Grouphead exterior?

Group head exterior. You can see where the sensor istaped on in the 2nd photo.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

That looks fantastic 😁 

• Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Looks great. Love the stainless steel handles, they fit in with the look perfectly.

Personally I don't think there's a place on such a machine for a digital thermometer. I'm keen on a grouphead thermometer on my Mara but the only one around, (as far as I've found anyway), is the round plastic digital one which is so far from the look I'm after. Sorry if this offends.

Edited by DDoe

15 minutes ago, DDoe said:

Looks great. Love the stainless steel handles, they fit in with the look perfectly.

Personally I don't think there's a place on such a machine for a digital thermometer. I'm keen on a grouphead thermometer on my Mara but the only one around, (as far as I've found anyway), is the round plastic digital one which is so far from the look I'm after. Sorry if this offends.

Occasionally you see more magpie-friendly examples, e.g. https://www.geisinger.eu/gb/thermometer-for-e61-groud-heads/20-e61-temperature-sensor-stainless-steel.html

ECM Heidelberg Mechanika IV Profi // Niche Zero

6 hours ago, M_H_S said:

Thanks, the sensor is on the side of the group head, it is hidden behind the foil tape on the side.

Osmio Zero Reverse Osmosis System-No Installation, Niche Zero, Profitec 600 Dual Boiler.

4 hours ago, DDoe said:

Not at all, everyone has an opinion that's what makes the world tick unless you are on twatter, whoops meant twitter😀

4 hours ago, catpuccino said:

Not sure I get what you mean, that is for a e-61 group head, you can get a group head thermometer for a La Pavoni.

Just now, mark8805 said:

Not sure I get what you mean, that is for a e-61 group head, you can get a group head thermometer for a La Pavoni.

I was replying to @DDoe's comment about wanting a grouphead thermometer for his Mara which isn't plastic. No comment on your La Pav, except to say it looks ace and personally I like the analogue/digital contrast :) 

• Haha 1

ECM Heidelberg Mechanika IV Profi // Niche Zero

I was replying to @DDoe's comment about wanting a grouphead thermometer for his Mara which isn't plastic. No comment on your La Pav, except to say it looks ace and personally I like the analogue/digital contrast  
Thought he was saying he didn't want digital either but at least there's a half way option.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, catpuccino said:

This is more like it but still not quite the look I'm after unfortunately. It's digital and I'd really like a more old fashioned looking analogue. However, I will bookmark it as I do quite like it.

Thank you.

Not keen on the bird but the rest is great.

Where are the handles and drip tray from?

but then, there seems to be an absence... of a certain ornithological piece...

• Like 3

This is more like it but still not quite the look I'm after unfortunately. It's digital and I'd really like a more old fashioned looking analogue. However, I will bookmark it as I do quite like it.
Thank you.
Would something like this maybe work if you could get a sleeve milled to fit?

13 hours ago, ashcroc said:

Would something like this maybe work if you could get a sleeve milled to fit?

OMG it certainly would! This is now saved to my list.

Not 100% sure what the milled sleeve involves but there are a couple of DT techs at work I can talk to about it.

I looked at others that had a max working pressure of e.g. 6bar, does this mean they can't be used?

Thank you very much.

Edited by DDoe

14 hours ago, Mr Kirk said:

Where are the handles and drip tray from?

The handles I got from a guy on La Pavoni Owners Group on Facebook, the SS plates are from here, https://coffee-sensor.com, his name is Tudor, if you contact him on his Instant Messaging he will always answer, just tell him Mark Evans sent you and he will sort you out as I don't think they are on his site yet, I get nothing for referrals he is just one of life's gems that you come across every now again.

• Like 3

The handles I got from a guy on La Pavoni Owners Group on Facebook, the SS plates are from here, https://coffee-sensor.com, his name is Tudor, if you contact him on his Instant Messaging he will always answer, just tell him Mark Evans sent you and he will sort you out as I don't think they are on his site yet, I get nothing for referrals he is just one of life's gems that you come across every now again.

Perfect, thanks.