Danm

Full set up : Andrea Premium & Compak K3

With a heavy heart I am selling my machine and grinder.

Since buying the machine off another forum member about 7 years ago, it has served me tremendously well, but my currently lifestyle does not suit the set-up any longer.

The machine has only ever been used with Ashbeck water. 18 month ago it was fully serviced and rebuilt by a technician recommended to me by Bella Barista (who were the original sellers) - some signs of wear and tear but overall in good quality and in perfect working order following the service.

Grinder is Compak K3 Touch advanced - just under 3 years old (BB again)

Also included are all the extras pictured. 2 milk jugs, tamper, mat, a double, single and bottomless portafilter, 3 or 4 different steam nozzles...Too many baskets to count (including I was told by prior seller some vst baskets but I could not identify them), group-head cleaning brush, timer, scales etc plus loads of odds and end (must be easily £200 worth of pieces here alone)

Price for the lot...£750

Any question please let me knowb6879802b21ff148f0763f1cd82ec6b6.jpgf107346d601f82a9e7ab8d32c9996009.jpg6ae8a91e5e4d9f946f36fe65e2c5cfdb.jpgc4cc6c83806eacce232f854998e257a3.jpg

• Like 2

Gaggia Classic : Vario : Espresso Gear Tamper

At work today and found the email from the service I had done: was in Feb 2018 - essentially included;

- Quickmill Group Rebuild
- new pump
- new microswitch
- new water level probe
- new E61 gasket and screen
- full descale
- new seals

Also I had replaced the limit and pressure stat which the technician re-confirmed were completed properly.

Prefer pick- up so the buyer can see the machine.

I am in Hornchurch RM11 1FS

We’re you looking for delivery?

I would only consider delivery if  outside of 1hr drive really. Im north east. Good setup you’ve got (although 7+yo machine). I cant make my mind up whether I should wait and buy new gear or buy used..

I meant to say  up to 1hr drive.. updated post... I will skip on the machine this time. glws

Edited by hummel89

No problem pal

I forgot to add to my original post. I would be willing to split this - assuming the machine goes first (could keep the grinder for brewed it it comes to it)

£500 for the machine and all the extras (if someone is interested and wants a complete listing let me know)

Dan

do you have any photos of the inside of the machine

Quick boil kettle 3kw

weber 22.5 WSM pid control unknown hinge fully modded, louisaiana lg900, hopper extenstion, side smoke chamber with digital control,

21" kamado, 34" 3xl kamado with stainless table, auber syl-2615sys-g running latest firmware, cobb-premier with extenstion (mobile use) all current stock

Hi homer

I do not have any pictures. If you are interested and DM me your details I am happy to share the email I received from the technician when I had the machine services that details all the information/condition and items he looked at and replaced -

Best
Dan

How temperature stable is it? It doesn't have PID I think? At the moment I have a Rancilio Silvia with "the daring dutch" PID which is working very well. But at the same time it's tiny, and the temperature seems to cart a bit through the shot, and steaming isn't all that exciting.

Basically to stop rambling - what differences would I expect? 

7 hours ago, Plasse said:

How temperature stable is it? It doesn't have PID I think? At the moment I have a Rancilio Silvia with "the daring dutch" PID which is working very well. But at the same time it's tiny, and the temperature seems to cart a bit through the shot, and steaming isn't all that exciting.

Basically to stop rambling - what differences would I expect? 

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/pdf/AndrejaPremiumcloserlookv6.pdf

Thanks to Russ for posting the information from Bella Barista.

To be honest, I try not to get so ‘involved’ with my coffee as to spend time worrying about temp stability.

The machine has the group head thermometer on it and i have a routine based on a cooling flush and extraction which ‘works’ for me (and was handed down from the previous owner).

Steaming is excellent. My prior machine (seems a long time ago) was a Gaggia Classic - no comparison...but then you would not expect there to be from a machine which probably costs something like £1,500 in today’s money.

Should have added, if you are interested (seriously) then no problems coming to try the machine....

1 hour ago, russe11 said:

Just worth mentioning that review was over 9 years old....so it referred to what was available at the time.

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

26 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Just worth mentioning that review was over 9 years old....so it referred to what was available at the time.

I actually have this printed out at home. If i had to wager i have always thought that the author is teh chapi brought the machine from.....

(i just checked back and he has not been on the fourm for a couple of years so can't check.... but i did notice Dave that he took this machine to a forum meet-up, which, from reading the thread you were also at!)

I actually have this printed out at home. If i had to wager i have always thought that the author is teh chapi brought the machine from.....
(i just checked back and he has not been on the fourm for a couple of years so can't check.... but i did notice Dave that he took this machine to a forum meet-up, which, from reading the thread you were also at!)

My money would be on Dave being the author.
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1 hour ago, Danm said:

I've never been to a coffeeforums UK  forum meet-up and I am unlikely to ever attend one. However, I wrote that review over 9 years ago....I was just making the point in case a particular "member" comes on and starts critiquing the review against more modern machines and what's available now. As his posts don't seem to get moderated but are full of incorrect statements, It might unfairly affect your sale.

I am guessing your machine was owned by Nick...and was the subject of this little Video....I could be wrong though....there have been a LOT of machines over the years.

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/that-5am-feeling-humour

• Like 1

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

17 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I've never been to a coffeeforums UK  forum meet-up and I am unlikely to ever attend one. However, I wrote that review over 9 years ago....I was just making the point in case a particular "member" comes on and starts critiquing the review against more modern machines and what's available now. As his posts don't seem to get moderated but are full of incorrect statements, It might unfairly affect your sale.

I am guessing your machine was owned by Nick...and was the subject of this little Video....I could be wrong though....there have been a LOT of machines over the years.

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/that-5am-feeling-humour

thanks Dave. Appreciate the context - hopefully 'most' people would be familar with the differences. I have not kept upto date with advances but i am sure they mirror all walks of life.

13 hours ago, DavecUK said:

his posts don't seem to get moderated but are full of incorrect statements,

You only need to report them for moderation. I am sure the mods don’t read every single comment and work out of it is incorrect or not.

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I'm in central London. I am interested in the machine but not the grinder only though as I have a grinder I'm happy with. I am slightly conflicted due to the size increase etc. But equally very tempted. I could possibly come this weekend to have a look, if that is ok? 

I'm in central London. I am interested in the machine but not the grinder only though as I have a grinder I'm happy with. I am slightly conflicted due to the size increase etc. But equally very tempted. I could possibly come this weekend to have a look, if that is ok? 

Taking the machine only is fine. I will PM you to arrange visit. Thanks
  • Like 1

I'm looking for a grinder (is it still available?) with an authentic kinda look and this fits the bill. Is there any aesthetic damage on it which might make the wide turn her nose up?

Also, would you ship to Manchester?

Please PM me so we could also discuss price.

I'm looking for a grinder (is it still available?) with an authentic kinda look and this fits the bill. Is there any aesthetic damage on it which might make the wide turn her nose up?
Also, would you ship to Manchester?
Please PM me so we could also discuss price.

Thanks for your interest. I will want hang onto the grinder until the machine sells.

If the machine only goes, then you are first in line for the grinder and I will let you know.

Thanks
  • Like 1

Machine sold. Could admin please move to SOLD section.

I will repost grinder under separate thread when I decide whether to keep or not.

Enjoy the machine Vincent.

• Like 1

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)