timmys

Old Victoria Ardurio Machine...worth anything?

I have had an old Victoria Arduiro Machine that came into to my possession a few months ago. Googling around I can't find any images that match it exactly. I wondered if anyone might know anything about it? Does it have any value as  an actually coffee maker or would it just be decorative (if someone was particularly into "OTT banana-republic dictator chic")?

If it's worth anything at all I would be tempted to sell it to fund a Gaggia Classic or something to replace my current De Longhi machine that is not the best.

I don't have any other bits (eg. no portafilter or steam spout). It definitely needs some electrical work as when I tried turning it on it immediately tripped the kitchen trip switch!

Anyway, awaiting opinions with interest...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9 hours ago, timmys said:

I have had an old Victoria Arduiro Machine that came into to my possession a few months ago. Googling around I can't find any images that match it exactly. I wondered if anyone might know anything about it? Does it have any value as  an actually coffee maker or would it just be decorative (if someone was particularly into "OTT banana-republic dictator chic")?

If it's worth anything at all I would be tempted to sell it to fund a Gaggia Classic or something to replace my current De Longhi machine that is not the best.

I don't have any other bits (eg. no portafilter or steam spout). It definitely needs some electrical work as when I tried turning it on it immediately tripped the kitchen trip switch!

Anyway, awaiting opinions with interest...

If you google "Victoria Arduino Brass" then click  Images you get quite a few come up... 

https://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/help-getting-information-about-this-victoria-arduino-t29921.html

Here's a link to Home-Barista.. seems like someone has asked the same question (2014) The guy answering him seems to know a bit about it...

Edited by russe11

As for value not really sure? It's nice thou.. In a brass coal scuttle sort of way ;)

• Like 3

Thanks, I'd found that thread previously - seems to be about the best source of info I could find too.

It's certainly unique looking - my feeling was it was the sort of thing Mussolini might have in his office!

Anyway, I'm going to shove it on eBay and see what happens. Was just informed my car needs a £5,500 engine replacement so try to scrape together all the pennies I can :(

• Sad 1

Now he WAS a Fascist!

Cant see any coffee machines?

Edited by russe11

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)