IGNORED

Question re Next Q

Ok - New Thread......

Question to subscribers (and potential guests....)

I have lined up a Euro roaster but finances mean I will most likely have them for December, lets call it a Christmas Present. They have a very interesting bean for us, definitely a "juicy banger" and in the words of the roaster "I doubt they have ever tried anything like this before".

However...... We will need to charge an extra few quid as the roaster will need to ship all the beans to me, I will need to buy some secondary packaging and then send the beans out to everyone. I am happy to do the donkey work to get these out but I need to know that everyone would be happy with paying an extra (estimated) £3 (ish) quid for the next quarter to make this happen. I can confirm the exact amount when I know that people are actually interested in this.

Sure, still enjoying the last lot and wouldn't mind something special to take to Poland for Christmas.

• Like 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I must admit I am unsure about the actual question....

Do you want/need an extra £3 for the next quarter?
or
Do want/need an extra £3 just for December?
or
Some other variation ie Putting the quarterly rate up £3 permanently...

Forgive my for y stupidity - as I only know when a quarter ends the Daren sends out his emails...

On a "worst case" basis - I'm happy to pay a £3 premium for December.

2 minutes ago, Drewster said:

or
or

Forgive my for y stupidity - as I only know when a quarter ends the Daren sends out his emails...

I’ll have what he’s having ^^^^ ?

@Drewster

I'm 99% sure he means an extra £3 for December for the additional shipping/handling costs of going international.

I will be eagerly awaiting the guests slots going up and happy to pay the £3 extra, I'll be a bit easier to deal with this time as I will be visiting family back the UK by the time this lands :)

11 hours ago, Drewster said:

or
or

£3 (ish) for December which is the first month of the next quarter (so essentially it is an extra one off cost for the Q) - clear as mud?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

£3 (ish) for December which is the first month of the next quarter (so essentially it is an extra one off cost for the Q) - clear as mud?

So this 1/4's cost will be "Normal"+£3...
(Giving £3 extra for Decembers postage rather than pulling the £3 from the 1/4rly pot).

I am happy to pay the £3... but playing devils advocate...

What if "someone" wanted to remain in LOSL and would happily pay the "Normal" LSOL cost. (when asked)...
but wasn't happy with shelling out an additional £3....

It doesn't matter for the "Guests" cos their one off cost for December would be announced (which would as normal include postage)...........

As mentioned I am happy to shell out the £3 - but I thought the ethos/rationale of LSOL was basically the 1/4rly cost was spread over the 3 months..... and as December is the 1st of the quarter surely the £3 logically would be absorbed (giving a slightly smaller pot for months 2&3)
If we are reaching the state that we are having to wriggle and twiddle over £3 should we be reassessing the 1/4rly pricing so that "you" can source the coffee without having to dip back in?  

9 hours ago, Drewster said:

So this 1/4's cost will be "Normal"+£3...
(Giving £3 extra for Decembers postage rather than pulling the £3 from the 1/4rly pot).

I am happy to pay the £3... but playing devils advocate...

What if "someone" wanted to remain in LOSL and would happily pay the "Normal" LSOL cost. (when asked)...
but wasn't happy with shelling out an additional £3....

It doesn't matter for the "Guests" cos their one off cost for December would be announced (which would as normal include postage)...........

As mentioned I am happy to shell out the £3 - but I thought the ethos/rationale of LSOL was basically the 1/4rly cost was spread over the 3 months..... and as December is the 1st of the quarter surely the £3 logically would be absorbed (giving a slightly smaller pot for months 2&3)
If we are reaching the state that we are having to wriggle and twiddle over £3 should we be reassessing the 1/4rly pricing so that "you" can source the coffee without having to dip back in?  

I get what you are saying. I am giving people the chance to say "no, not on your nelly". 

I also hear that £3 over 3 months is small. However the budget for beans is normally tight and the cost is variable. 

At the end of the day the budget does not cover extra packaging and we need that when I am just getting a box of beans, I was trying to ring fence the bean budget.

If it all gets too hard (and it is not at the moment with most people happy) then I will just stay within the UK/Ireland for beans.

2 minutes ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

I get what you are saying. I am giving people the chance to say "no, not on your nelly". 

I also hear that £3 over 3 months is small. However the budget for beans is normally tight and the cost is variable. 

At the end of the day the budget does not cover extra packaging and we need that when I am just getting a box of beans, I was trying to ring fence the bean budget.

If it all gets too hard (and it is not at the moment with most people happy) then I will just stay within the UK/Ireland for beans.

You're the one sorting it out.... if it ain't to hard for you then it's all good!!