SamB

Home Roasting in Aberdeen

hi all, i will be making my way up to Aberdeen in the near future and will be bringing my Bullet R1 V2 roaster with me. it would  be great if there are a few folks up that way who are into the roasting side of life so that i can share some stories with etc. 

right now i plan to bring some green coffee with me (much cheaper i have noticed) but when i run out it would be good to team up with some locals to split bags etc (132lbs is a lot of coffee for one person). 

roaster.jpg

Ay, Ay, fit like!

I don't know if there are any home roasting forum members from Aberdeen. I'm in Central Scotland near Stirling. That's some stash of greens you have.

My advice is to brush up on your Doric if you want to understand the locals in the granite city. It can be very hard to understand  - even for Scots from other parts.

• Like 1

Ay, Ay, fit like!
I don't know if there are any home roasting forum members from Aberdeen. I'm in Central Scotland near Stirling. That's some stash of greens you have.
My advice is to brush up on your Doric if you want to understand the locals in the granite city. It can be very hard to understand  - even for Scots from other parts.
haha, been to Montrose, Angus some years back - couldn't figure out for my life what them locals would say to me

even had to read from cashier LCD how much for me groceries - think I've saved a video of that somewhere
  • Like 2

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been visiting Aberdeen for the last 27 years and it literally is a second home for me, 

Hope you brought a good winter coat, the weather isn’t for softies.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well I’m off there this weekend so I’m getting my coat out of storage! Surely it language barrier can’t be that bad but I guess I will find out. At the very least it will be a good laugh.

lake_m , when I get all setup I roast you some beans next time your up in that area.