Ted_Kent

Osmio Zero RO water/kettle system (Unused as new)

Good morning all,

I have a unused Osmio Zero RO water filter/kettle system in Black available (UK plug)

I purchased this for my roast space after getting a white one for my house and getting on well with it. I tend to take a jug of water down to the roast space if i need it and have never actually used this black one, it still has the original set of filters with it that have not seen any water so are as new. The unit has been out the box and sat out of sunlight. 

The box is there with packing, i don't remember seeing a set of instructions in the box when i unpacked it but they are online.

I am looking for £335 or nearest offer on this. Box is fairly large so its up for collection only initially, if it hangs around then i may look at postage options. I am located in New Romney, Kent (TN28) i am willing to travel to a certain extent to meet if it helps.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

20191028_105942.jpg

20191028_110129.jpg

20191028_110136.jpg

Home Kit - ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero and Osmio Zero

Work Kit - Fracino Contempo Dual Fuel 2gp, Mythos and Niche Zero for decaf use.

Roastery - Quick Mill pressure profile dual boiler and Niche Zero. Amazon Dalian 1kg roaster and Eureka Drogheria retail grinder.

Absolute bargain and super good for espresso machines, especially if you want almost zero maintenance/problems.. I have been using the same filters now since january 5 2019...will change them all at the end of the year. We use it for 12 to 16 litres per day.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Interested. Looking to reduce my plastic footprint so I would be using it to create cold filtering water for the R58. 

Any warranty with this?, how much are the filters?

Live in Chesterfield.

Edited by The Asgard
  • Like 1

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka,  Aeropress, Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle. ** Kinu M47 Wanted **

11 minutes ago, The Asgard said:

Interested. Any warranty with this?, how much are the filters?
Live in Chesterfield.

They come with a 1 year warranty, the unit was purchased by me on the 25th of Jan 2019. I have just spoken to Osmio Water and they confirmed warranty is transferable (all that's needed is my postcode to find the original order, they have noted on my original order that the black unit is now up for sale) They also said that even after the warranty is expired they can assist with issues if they arise.

Filter packs from Osmio are £55 with free delivery. My unit has the original set of unused filters included.

Regards

Roastery - Quick Mill pressure profile dual boiler and Niche Zero. Amazon Dalian 1kg roaster and Eureka Drogheria retail grinder.

Amazon charge £60  for a full set of filters.

I have wondered about these instead of the hot water dispenser that we use. Problem for me is 500ml of hot water. The unit we use produces a dialled in set amount up to 1.5L so my wife uses it for gravy etc and we now don't use a kettle at all. No RO filter but a pour through can be added - not much use for reducing scale. It's a pity they didn't think about kettle replacement on this unit.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

John, I think you can get almost 1 litre of hot water, just 2 long presses of the button, gets you 450 ish ml each time. Try it, you will love it.....

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Its a fair distance from me 4/5 hrs drive, depending on the route between 240 - 280. Pitty might have ticked the box.

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka,  Aeropress, Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle. ** Kinu M47 Wanted **

Do the filters have a shelf life or is it simply X number of litres of water through the filters. I would probably only use 3 ltrs a day so I'm just trying to work out the cost of this vs my current buying of bottled water. 

1 hour ago, mctrials23 said:

Do the filters have a shelf life or is it simply X number of litres of water through the filters. I would probably only use 3 ltrs a day so I'm just trying to work out the cost of this vs my current buying of bottled water. 

All RO filters/membrane have a preservative in them, or are dry (not the membranes). They don't really have a shelf life as such and it's why you flush a certain amount of water through to get rid of the preservative.

Definitely go for it, it's been the best thing I ever got free (although I suppose I had to do the work to produce a review etc..) but it's something I would buy again in a heartbeat if it ever broke so bad I couldn't fix it, got stolen etc.. Seriously the family would not want to be without it and would actively pressure me to buy a replacement.

We fill the pitcher about 4 times per day, so that's 16 litres per day being produced and I have not had to change the filters since I got it on 5th January 2019. At the one year point though, I will probably change the filters. It's not really about cost vs bottled water, it's convenience, environmental and it's a kettle.

Edited by DavecUK

Hi all, sorry for the slow response.

I am currently looking at shipping options. I think I have a suitable box to box the original box in with packing around it. I just need to do so and get some quotes.

Equally collection is still available and preferred.

Treat the sale post as collection only until I have updated it with postage options please.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Any movement on price. I can collect but I need to get this past the missus.
Yep always room for negotiation.

Not marked as sold and no offers made yet so I would say so

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is this still for sale?
@Inoxx yep still for sale

Cheeky offer for 250? I can collect from you. 
Thanks for the offer but I will decline.

• Like 1

Hi Ted

Can you confirm if still available and if so whether you would be willing to part with it for £300

(Subject to final internal approvals my end :) )

If I get the go-ahead and you are willing I will be in Kent over weekend and could try to arrange to meet at some time but would need to see if we can make it work.

Thanks

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic : Vario : Espresso Gear Tamper

Hi Ted

Can you confirm if still available and if so whether you would be willing to part with it for £300

(Subject to final internal approvals my end smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png )

If I get the go-ahead and you are willing I will be in Kent over weekend and could try to arrange to meet at some time but would need to see if we can make it work.

Thanks
@Danm It is still available indeed.

If you could see yourself to £320 I will let it go for that, I'll sort you out a kilo of coffee as well for that money.

Regards

Happy at that price. Will move to PM

Lovely thank you, checking PM now.

Offer unfortunately retracted.

Thanks for your communication and help Ted - best of luck on the sale.

No problems Dan, the black units dont suit everybody.

The price of £320 and a kilo of coffee stands for anyone else keeping an eye on the thread.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)