Cooffe

Another Restoration Thread - Mazzer Major Auto

This will look fantastic when it’s done, great job. Not sure if you mentioned in the thread- what’s your plan for the doser?

I came across this guy on YouTube- Daniel Wong based in Taiwan.

https://home-doserless.com/

Looks like a clever doserless mod. I emailed him earlier this year but never took the plunge and made the investment.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention this mod on the forum before so cannot vouch for either the effectiveness or the trustworthiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__

Home: La Pavoni pre-millenium + Mazzer Major. V60 + MBK Feld2. Work: V60, Aeropress + Wilfa Svart grinder

This will look fantastic when it’s done, great job. Not sure if you mentioned in the thread- what’s your plan for the doser?

Looks like a clever doserless mod. I emailed him earlier this year but never took the plunge and made the investment.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention this mod on the forum before so cannot vouch for either the effectiveness or the trustworthiness.

There's someone on the forum who went for one of those but can't for the life of me remember who. Think it comes with a little puffer thing to blow the grinds out of the burrs & the spout.
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

2 hours ago, DanB said:

I made the plunge a week ago for my Super Jolly, waiting on it in the post.

@L&R has the kit for his Major I believe.

• Like 2

Little update: WERE NOW PAINTED BLACK!

3rd coat now drying. Letting them harden off between coats as it’s taking longer than I thought. Not worth rushing it with all the time I currently have. Next thing is new feet & power cord then re assemble I think. Still need to do the doser clean sweep mod.

@jimbojohn55 I know you’ve messed with these in the past - the hopper safety switch, is it possible to just pull the wires out completely without bridging any connections in the terminal block? 

B60073BF-977B-4543-9AC4-052E77FB7314.jpeg

60C992C1-9407-4B51-9DAA-BB09EA7F2A2D.jpeg

• Like 6

Little update: WERE NOW PAINTED BLACK!
3rd coat now drying. Letting them harden off between coats as it’s taking longer than I thought. Not worth rushing it with all the time I currently have. Next thing is new feet & power cord then re assemble I think. Still need to do the doser clean sweep mod.
@jimbojohn55 I know you’ve messed with these in the past - the hopper safety switch, is it possible to just pull the wires out completely without bridging any connections in the terminal block? 

B60073BF-977B-4543-9AC4-052E77FB7314.thumb.jpeg.39885e624b7e0562a56281b9f42ec12f.jpeg
60C992C1-9407-4B51-9DAA-BB09EA7F2A2D.thumb.jpeg.84f1717ad1401e07419c0d23339c18e1.jpeg
Short answer no, and yes, just trace them back to the block and bridge them

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

16 minutes ago, jimbojohn55 said:

Short answer no, and yes, just trace them back to the block and bridge them emoji106.png

Grand, cheers mate. Kept the connectors in the block and just stuffed the hole for spraying as I wasn’t sure. I’ll bridge the connector block and then get a bit of aluminium panelling over the existing hole, similar to what you did.

Shrink wrap clean sweep here https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/30754-mazzer-super-jolly-quotpaint-it-blackquot-refurb/?do=findComment&comment=434890

also read onto post 96 of the same thread for the egg timer mod

• Like 1

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

Part way through re assembly:

Original portafilter holder sanded and polished, new power cable, doser to go on next then clean out the lower burrs and re assemble! Just gotta change the feet and springs in the burr housing on Monday and l (fingers crossed) it'll start first time and run!

IMG_20200104_132218.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good,

• Like 1

Kool Kable!

• Like 2

Nice job Cooffe.  Hope it gives you many years of service and great to a see another restoration like this.

• Like 2

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Looks ace, whats the lens hood lid?

Also, is the paint just a rattle can job?

6 hours ago, ThePeginator said:

Looks ace, whats the lens hood lid?

Also, is the paint just a rattle can job?

Lens hood lid is Oak and was turned by Jimbo on this forum. It's been rattle canned yeah. Not bothering with a top coat as it's not going to go back into a commercial environment, so if it has to be re-sprayed it's not the end of the world.

• Like 2

You might want to try swop the the feet out for felt pads to give extra clearance if you need it, I installed roller feet on the rear of mine to make it easier to pull it to the front of the counter. Looks good

• Like 2