IGNORED

Mara X

5 minutes ago, Stanic said:

Yep it is. 

I've got one of these

And a mirror from Rossmann shop :)

Really Nice, might well pair well with one of these, what's the diameter of the circular bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Mirror-60-Pack-Projects-Diameter/dp/B07CBPHY6V/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If you buy a pack of these mirrors for a tenner, you will have 59 left over to give to friends.... 😁

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK it's done Lelit MaraX review completed and published. It was a huge job and I worked late into the night to get it done. Enjoy. https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

All ready and set just need a leveller and milk jug

the german distributor has apparently already received the machine  

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Really Nice, might well pair well with one of these, what's the diameter of the circular bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Mirror-60-Pack-Projects-Diameter/dp/B07CBPHY6V/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If you buy a pack of these mirrors for a tenner, you will have 59 left over to give to friends.... 😁

You mean the bit that glues to  the mirror? It has around 2 cm in diameter, smallish 

Everything is so easy with this machine :)

Made a 18g in to 25g out ristretto out of natural Ethiopia with the VST basket with pressure drop off at the end of the shot, and steamed milk at the same time, poured a latte and enjoyed it a lot. 

No fuss is what I wanted. Eagerly waiting for the Niche. 

This brand is like Pentax in cameras, kind of "overlooked", with great features in small package and low price in comparison with competition.

What would I add? A sort of a barista light would be great :)

Edited by Stanic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Stanic said:

Yep it is. 

I've got one of these

And a mirror from Rossmann shop :)

Thank you. Order placed :)

Always wanted to get one, my flatmate was laughing on my yoga moves, but also not really keen to spend too much sterlings on unnecessary items. This seems perfect 👌

• Like 1

There's a whole thread on DIY mirrors.

Not sure if I managed to do it at the lowest cost. I do like the minimalist look of mine but also like the shine around Stanic's.

Edited by Rob1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Stanic said:

Everything is so easy with this machine :)

Made a 18g in to 25g out ristretto out of natural Ethiopia with the VST basket with pressure drop off at the end of the shot, and steamed milk at the same time, poured a latte and enjoyed it a lot. 

No fuss is what I wanted. Eagerly waiting for the Niche. 

This brand is like Pentax in cameras, kind of "overlooked", with great features in small package and low price in comparison with competition.

What would I add? A sort of a barista light would be great :)

I'm the same, finding this machine a joy to use, and really easy! Already making better coffee and steaming better milk than I ever got from my classic.

About to move on and try the Gaslight beans that came with the machine (thanks BB!). I think these are a more medium/light roast, so planning on changing from setting 0 to 1. What's everyone else been using?

• Like 2
On 19/05/2020 at 09:13, DavecUK said:

Backflushing against a blind filter was to see if you really had a leak, clearly you don't. 

I finally got a chance to backflush when the pressure reaches 10 bar. Water leaks out of a black rubber port on the center front of the machine down at the drip tray. Is that normal?

I cleaned the shower screen and have more water than I previously noticed coming through the valve at the bottom of the e61 grouphead. It also appears yellowy ie coffee stained. I wonder if this is an indication my screen seal could be better?

Thanks for your help again. I am probably asking very obvious questions!

44 minutes ago, Rira said:

I finally got a chance to backflush when the pressure reaches 10 bar. Water leaks out of a black rubber port on the center front of the machine down at the drip tray. Is that normal?

I cleaned the shower screen and have more water than I previously noticed coming through the valve at the bottom of the e61 grouphead. It also appears yellowy ie coffee stained. I wonder if this is an indication my screen seal could be better?

Thanks for your help again. I am probably asking very obvious questions!

All sounds good to me....stop worrying and enjoy the machine ;)

I also love using the machine, it's still on the bench :)

Edited by DavecUK

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

21 hours ago, Badgerman said:

after a long and agonising wait, there she came
first, the obligatory sticker pic for Dave (naturally, the power saving mode was on)

for fun, I've added the Profitec flow valve emoji14.png only had time to try it against blind disc but works without issues
and IMS shower screen plus Cafelt gasket

Did you remove the drain spring and cam from the lower part of the group head ? The Bianca doesn’t have it. The Lelit flow kit has a spring to replace the pre infusion spring and holder.

1 hour ago, efrain-PR said:

Did you remove the drain spring and cam from the lower part of the group head ? The Bianca doesn’t have it. The Lelit flow kit has a spring to replace the pre infusion spring and holder.

The Profitec kit comes with a spring but I'm yet to install it. So far I'm happy with the machine's own pre-infusion. 

Finally added the Lelit Flow Control Kit to my Mara X.  I did remove the bottom drain spring and cam shaft on the recommendation by Lelit, added the pre infusion spring and holder that comes with the kit. Technically the Mara X E61 brew head now has the same components as the Biancas E61 brew head. I also replaced the brewhead dispersion screen with the Biancas screen, the difference between the two is the screen itself has a tighter mesh than the original Mara X screen. The original pre infusion spring is softer (less tension) than the one in the kit, the original drain spring has a similar tension and wire diameter like the new pre infusion spring, probably why Lelit recommends to remove it. Pre flow kit installation, my flow rate was 5.2-5.3 ml/s and the pump pressure 10 bars, after the installation of the flow kit the flow rate decreased to 4.83 ml/s, pump pressure still 10 bars, brew head pressure with valve closed 11 bars, same pressure readings  with the blind portafilter. Tomorrow I will start experimenting with the flow rate to see how changes the espresso shots, and if I would need to increase the OPV valve pressure to increase water flow.

1B5ECF2B-BD41-4052-99C3-F23432B56C17.jpeg

FB436628-233F-490F-8F36-655D986AF18A.jpeg

Edited by efrain-PR
  • Like 4

The wood looks very smart. 🤤

Meant to say - for those who need to put their machine under a cabinet, felt pads on the feet work a treat! Very easy to move about now, maybe too easy as I now need to support it while locking in the portafilter, or the whole thing can slide 😆

• Thanks 1
The wood looks very smart. [emoji1786]
Meant to say - for those who need to put their machine under a cabinet, felt pads on the feet work a treat! Very easy to move about now, maybe too easy as I now need to support it while locking in the portafilter, or the whole thing can slide [emoji38]

You don’t need to do it so hard!
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

this is probably more a general question than Marax specific but, for those who are using a bottomless PF, do you change your grind size as there's less resistance and therefore the shot time is reduced? 

this is probably more a general question than Marax specific but, for those who are using a bottomless PF, do you change your grind size as there's less resistance and therefore the shot time is reduced? 

No. Must be unlikely that the coffee falling through the PF will impact shot time.

Lelit Mara X, Mazzer Royal, Osmio Zero, Torr with Joey handle
3 minutes ago, Boxerman33 said:

I don't, surely the resistance is the basket, not the portafilter itself.

• Like 1

Sorry, probably badly phrased. Changed from the Lelit PF and basket to a Rocket bottomless PF and their basket (which appears to have slightly coarser mesh visually) so my shot times for 20g have come down from 40 seconds to around 30-32 secs using the same grind settings as previous and extracting 40g.

Sorry, probably badly phrased. Changed from the Lelit PF and basket to a Rocket bottomless PF and their basket (which appears to have slightly coarser mesh visually) so my shot times for 20g have come down from 40 seconds to around 30-32 secs using the same grind settings as previous and extracting 40g.

Swap the baskets around, it should go back to what it was before.

The fact here is that the basket changed. The portafilter change in this context is totally irrelevant.
  • Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

7 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Swap the baskets around, it should go back to what it was before.

The fact here is that the basket changed. The portafilter change in this context is totally irrelevant.

^^^ This.