Bicky

Mara X

Lelit have announced a new version of the Mara - MaraX

https://marax.lelit.com/index-eng.html

It's a HX machine that's supposed to have a super quiet pump, and Lelit claim to have eliminated the need for any cooling flushes to bring it back down to brewing temp. Here's what @DavecUK had to say about it -

I have had the prototype of that machine on the bench for 4 or 5 months now. I fed back a fair bit to Lelit which set production back a few months to make the improvements, especially some of those in the core thermal management software as it wasn't up to the standard it needed to be. It was good but not right. I think they have cracked it now and it's really quiet for a vibe pump machine. They have done some innovative things around the vibe pump but I can't say more than that (because it wouldn't be fair to). Think of it as a very quiet vibe pump machine that is a better HX. You have a switch behind the drip tray that allows you to set hot, med and cool brew temps all with no flushing, if there is a flush it would be minimal. It uses some clever algorithms to allow for this and still give good steaming using multiple thermal probes one of which is in the HX. Again I cannot share what the algorithms do exactly as it's confidential.

I do believe it will be a very popular machine!

I can't find anything yet about pricing, so I'm unsure where Lelit are planning on positioning this in the Mara lineup, but as someone who's been on the cusp of buying a Mara 2 or 3 times in the last 6 months, I'm super interested to see where this goes!

What are your thoughts on this compared to the existing Mara?

36 minutes ago, Bicky said:

Lelit have announced a new version of the Mara - MaraX

https://marax.lelit.com/index-eng.html

It's a HX machine that's supposed to have a super quiet pump, and Lelit claim to have eliminated the need for any cooling flushes to bring it back down to brewing temp. Here's what @DavecUK had to say about it -

I can't find anything yet about pricing, so I'm unsure where Lelit are planning on positioning this in the Mara lineup, but as someone who's been on the cusp of buying a Mara 2 or 3 times in the last 6 months, I'm super interested to see where this goes!

What are your thoughts on this compared to the existing Mara?

Unfortunately, although I have a fair idea of pricing and how the line up will be, I am bound by confidentiality. I think if you really want this, then it's best to wait until it launches. Just tie your hands together so they can't reach into your pocket for a little while. My thoughts are; they have done a good job in making a better HX.

Edited by DavecUK

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

Unfortunately, although I have a fair idea of pricing and how the line up will be, I am bound by confidentiality. I think if you really want this, then it's best to wait until it launches. Just tie your hands together so they can't reach into your pocket for a little while. My thoughts are; they have done a good job in making a better HX.

Ha no problem, totally understand, thanks for the heads up anyway. Definitely going to hold out and wait and see where this comes in, although I think I might prefer the look of the existing Mara! ?

Don't suppose you have any in-depth videos or review planned for this one?

58 minutes ago, Bicky said:

?Don't suppose you have any in-depth videos or review planned for this one?

No because I don't have a production model. If I did then I probably would although it would be a while before I could get round to it. I have not asked Lelit to send me a production machine because I have so much on/scheduled.

Edited by DavecUK

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

On 24/10/2019 at 15:43, Bicky said:

Polish distributor has put it on their website for 5100 PLN so around 1200 euro..not too bad

Edited by Stanic

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Aergrind, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

At some point I'll get one to have a look at...be interesting to see how it stacks up to the prototype Mara X I reviewed.back in July/August sometime.

yeah probably it would be worth spending some of your time with it 

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Aergrind, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Daveuk , i know they are not exactly the same but I was considering getting the Marax vs ACS Minima and since i have a few more months (before I get the new kitchen) i have too much time to think about it , any comparison will be appreciated :). 

I found an interesting YouTube channel - Lelit insider

according to this video it heats up in 22 minutes (well the boiler I guess) 

There are some videos on Bianca as well 

• Like 1

I found an interesting YouTube channel - Lelit insider

according to it heats up in 22 minutes (well the boiler I guess) 

There are some videos on Bianca as well 

Well, the whole video shows a time lapse of a total of 32 min, from 9:32 until 10:04. My experience with a Rocket HX machine tells me the e61 and the machine overall should be ready to brew in such time, with a cooling flush required.

Note that, in the video, the service boiler (steam) gauge goes all the way to 2.5 bar pressure - at 9:54 and the light stops blinking, going solid, 22 mins in as per@Stanic remark - and then climbs down back to 1.5 bar and lower.

I, wondering whether this is to assist the machine getting up to stable temp quicker? Why did it go back down? Did it enter some sort of standby? What’s the usual operating pressure for the service boiler?

• Like 1

I think there was a mention somewhere in the forums that it uses a similar system for faster heat-up as Bianca does, overheating in the beginning of the process 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bicky said:

Now available for pre-order on BellaBarista for £950 😮

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/lelit-marax-espresso machine.html

Similarly priced to the old Mara, which I notice is no longer available, so I assume this is a direct replacement.

It's no accident and is a direct replacement. I advised Lelit to slim down the Mara range to pretty much just this last June....seemed pointless having so many options in the range. Very costly for production, better to have one machine "to rule them all" with the advantage of better economies of scale....and a better price for the customers.

I'm looking forward to getting it, can't wait to see the improvements over the prototype and just how nice it has become. I liked the prototype a lot apart from a few issues (now fixed). Although I do have a soft spot for Lelit and their machines, they are just risk takers, in a good way and I like companies that test the boundaries. I hope this is the last improvements they do to HXs as I'd like to see future resources go into other things. and I think they may have taken things as far as they can go.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

It's no accident and is a direct replacement. I advised Lelit to slim down the Mara range to pretty much just this last June....seemed pointless having so many options in the range. Very costly for production, better to have one machine "to rule them all" with the advantage of better economies of scale....and a better price for the customers.

I'm looking forward to getting it, can't wait to see the improvements over the prototype and just how nice it has become. I liked the prototype a lot apart from a few issues (now fixed). Although I do have a soft spot for Lelit and their machines, they are just risk takers, in a good way and I like companies that test the boundaries. I hope this is the last improvements they do to HXs as I'd like to see future resources go into other things. and I think they may have taken things as far as they can go.

Please do let us know your thoughts when you get your hands on one, even if you don't have the time for a full on review!

I hope I can hold out long enough for the review, interested in this machine too!

3 minutes ago, birel101 said:

I hope I can hold out long enough for the review, interested in this machine too!

I'm hoping I will have it done  by 2nd week in March, assuming I get the machine by the end of this month.

11 minutes ago, Bicky said:

Please do let us know your thoughts when you get your hands on one, even if you don't have the time for a full on review!

I think it's always important to wait for the review and read it carefully. That way you know what you are getting.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 3

I have ordered one this week as my mind wasd pretty much made up on the Mara Delux after reading reviews, lookwise and spacewise it does what I wanted it to do

Having spoken to David at BellaBarista, I decided to wait for the new one and placed an order when it became available

I can't wait for it to arrive now !

• Like 3

If you liked and wanted the Lelit Mara Delux, then it's likely you will be delighted with this.

Edited by DavecUK

You can hear the new pump at 0:52

• Like 2

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

Impressive improvement over the old Mara. I'm glad I went for the Gaggia for my first machine over the Mara, this new one is definitely gonna be the upgrade I go for in the future.

Not as loud as my thumping sage that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the prototype pump was VERY quiet, the production machine had a few more improvements and Lelit told me they had significantly reduced the noise level. This of course was impossible to hear in the exhibition environment at Host 2019 (Milan)..

I'll be searching for yet more Lelit spare parts in the future.

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

4 hours ago, catpuccino said:

I just watched a video I made with the Silvia few years ago..this Mara is super quiet compared to that