Just upgraded from a Gaggia Classic to a Fracino Classico.  I wasn’t really looking to buy this model but it came up locally and as it is only a year old, in vgc and was well priced, I’ve gone for it. 

Any tips or other pointers to get the best out of the machine from other owners would be gratefully received. 

Thanks

Just upgraded from a Gaggia Classic to a Fracino Classico.  I wasn’t really looking to buy this model but it came up locally and as it is only a year old, in vgc and was well priced, I’ve gone for it. 

Any tips or other pointers to get the best out of the machine from other owners would be gratefully received. 

Thanks

Really enjoyed owning mine, only thing I’d say is run water through to speed up the heat up time, it’s a really easy to get good shots from it especially when fully up to temp. A WiFi plug will be a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi KTD,

Thanks for response. I’ve just invested in a Meross plug so it turns on to heat up 45 mins before the fist shot. 

I’ve not actually pulled my first shot yet - that will be tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2019 at 20:36, KTD said:

Really enjoyed owning mine, only thing I’d say is run water through to speed up the heat up time, it’s a really easy to get good shots from it especially when fully up to temp. A WiFi plug will be a good investment.

Hi KTD,

What brand of wifi plug are you using? My Meross appears to be struggling to cope so I may need to swap.

thanks

Hi KTD,
What brand of wifi plug are you using? My Meross appears to be struggling to cope so I may need to swap.
thanks

TP-link

It's a HX machine, but unusually doesn't need a cooling flush. Fracino see that as a design fault.

If you just leave it to heat up on it's own, 45 minutes is about right for it to be good to go. I have a grouphead thermometer in mine and was surprised how long after it feels hot that it actually reaches optimum temp.

.....adjust your opv to approx. 9 bar, it will improve your shot.

Fracino Ariete (Classico), Wood Handles, opv 9 bar - Mazzer Royal inc.Titanium Burrs T151B ,Funnel mod + powder coat in progress - Mazzer Super Jolly inc. Cleen sweep doser, new paint job ! - Mazzer Mini - Rancilio Silvia inc. MeCoffee PID, IMS Shower Screen, Silicone Group Head, opv to 9 bar - Gaggia Classic, Silicone Group Head, Rancilio steam arm, opv 9 bar + Other stuff 🙂

Tried the TP link, with mixed results. The plug works and the machine comes on, but when I try to pull a shot there doesn’t seem to be enough power for the pump to kick in. I had to plug the Classico directly into the socket for it to work. Not ideal but at least it is heating up, although this mornings shot wasn’t hot enough for me, so will try a longer warn up time.