Planter

New Grinder - La Marzocco Swift Mini

Following on from the thread the other day from the Host Milano show, have seen some more info on the LM Swift Mini. 

Not really my cup of tea (or coffee) but seems like it can do a lot, Also tamps for you. Didnt see any mention of burrs or size though. But just thought id throw the thread out there. Others can do the donkey work looking for technical data then. 

• Like 1

Price. 5K

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

1 minute ago, Jony said:

Price.

Not got a clue

8 minutes ago, Jony said:

Price. 5K

Hmmmm, off the table for most then

Same tech as the oracle by the sounds of it, people will but i wouldnt want to be single dosing that grinder. 

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

totally understand its big brother in a commercial setting, but don't we love a faff at home?

it takes away so much from the process imho... and if your shot's still a mess, what do you wanna do about it? pull rear lever, swing aside and climb in?

• Like 1

It’s based on or in collaboration with Etzinger. By all accounts they’re very capable grinders (the etz ones I’ve seen) and if it’s like their etzmax it’ll handle single dosing (I’ve not read much on this though).

Not sure about the auto tamping, just seems to be another thing that can and will break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It’s based on or in collaboration with Etzinger. By all accounts they’re very capable grinders (the etz ones I’ve seen) and if it’s like their etzmax it’ll handle single dosing (I’ve not read much on this though).

Not sure about the auto tamping, just seems to be another thing that can and will break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with the auto tamp feature. You would like to think that most who are looking at this grinder will already have some type of tamper. Would be a bit worrying otherwise.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Totally agree with the auto tamp feature. You would like to think that most who are looking at this grinder will already have some tyoe of tamper. Would be a bit worrying otherwise.

You make it sound like having more than one tamper is a sin.
  • Like 1

Totally agree with the auto tamp feature. You would like to think that most who are looking at this grinder will already have some tyoe of tamper. Would be a bit worrying otherwise.

That or they're looking to use it as a decaf grinder in a commercial setting.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

That or they're looking to use it as a decaf grinder in a commercial setting.
Would you not still have a tamper lying around?

You make it sound like having more than one tamper is a sin.
Haha. Not at all. That's the point I'm making. Everyone who partakes in this forum alone has random tampers lying around.

I found a Torr tamper in my garage a few days ago. Can't even remember having it.

• Like 1

Would you not still have a tamper lying around?

there it's more obvious to get sh!t automated, just in case multiple morons fiddling with machinery.
At home it doesn't feel right imho

Haha. Not at all. That's the point I'm making. Everyone who partakes in this forum alone has random tampers lying around.

I found a Torr tamper in my garage a few days ago. Can't even remember having it.

Yeah I was being cheeky . I’ve got one at the moment (Pullman Big Step), but it doesn’t stop me from thinking of another one...

Yeah I was being cheeky . I’ve got one at the moment (Pullman Big Step), but it doesn’t stop me from thinking of another one...
I've got a Pullman big step, Torr (now I've found it). Some cheap thing and a puqpress. Don't know why I need them all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

there it's more obvious to get sh!t automated, just in case multiple morons fiddling with machinery.
At home it doesn't feel right imho
Fair point. I suppose it limits the addition of a puqpress. Although. Think I would prefer a separate automated tamper. One less thing to go wrong.

And if it breaks on the grinder is the grinder then out of commission?

1 hour ago, Planter said:

Totally agree with the auto tamp feature. You would like to think that most who are looking at this grinder will already have some type of tamper. Would be a bit worrying otherwise.

but...  there are lmlm owners out there that are not geeks or partners are not geeks and want simplicity. and probabky never go near a forum.

they buy what they perceive as the best brand , that looks good in the kitchen ( probably have Leica sat on a shelf and collect expensive watches :)

this grinder can be sold to them as a simpler plug and play option , walk up , use , pull a 25 second shot... 

Edited by Mrboots2u

Instagram - rjw_inc

I don't think it is that easy to pigeonhole people 🤔 but we all have our own perceptions, naturally. 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

23 minutes ago, Planter said:

I've got a Pullman big step, Torr (now I've found it). Some cheap thing and a puqpress. Don't know why I need them all. emoji23.png

You don’t! Some people are just so greedy 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

8 hours ago, cambosheff said:

Not sure about the auto tamping, just seems to be another thing that can and will break emoji23.png

;) Most coffee drinkers in some quarters are potential luddites using undersizede61 machines that look suitable for a dolls house  and taking no notice of progress. They even weigh in and out.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

but...  there are lmlm owners out there that are not geeks or partners are not geeks and want simplicity. and probabky never go near a forum.
they buy what they perceive as the best brand , that looks good in the kitchen ( probably have Leica sat on a shelf and collect expensive watches
this grinder can be sold to them as a simpler plug and play option , walk up , use , pull a 25 second shot... 

Yep. Don't doubt that. There is a reason LM have made this machine. And they are worth far more than me. So I'm sure they are tight.

Was just my opinion.

You don’t! Some people are just so greedy
Aren't they just. Pot. Kettle. Black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MildredM said:

I don't think it is that easy to pigeonhole people 🤔 but we all have our own perceptions, naturally. 

have you read home barista .....:)

Instagram - rjw_inc

Re burrs size 32mm conical ....

Your looking at for figures for this grinder too

https://international.lamarzoccohome.com/it/swift-mini/

https://etzinger-ag.com/blog/32mm-so-what

Makes the niche and a puqpress seem good value :)

Edited by Mrboots2u

Instagram - rjw_inc