Pablo El Beano

Rancilio Silvia PRO - Just Launched

Looks Interesting. Double boiler packed into a small unit, dual PID with shot timer, programmable wake-up mode etc... If they price this right, it could shake up the entry level arena a bit.

Can anyone tell from the specs, or switches, does it look like you can turn off the steam boiler to save energy etc if you only wanted to use the brew boiler?

https://www.ranciliogroup.com/rancilio/silvia-xl/silvia-pro/

https://www.ranciliogroup.com/app/uploads/2019/10/RancilioGroup_Homeline_Catalogue_Digital_EN.pdf

1692002361_ScreenShot2019-10-18at5_00_49pm.png.6befbbb6e74d60b1ce8d0a862979ed3a.png

Edited by Pablo El Beano
  • Like 2

If this is in £1k-1.5k region, this is HOT.

• Like 1

The middle button on the left column seems to have a eram drawing, so, it might be that it will turn the steam boiler on.

• Like 1

Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

5 minutes ago, PPapa said:

Looking at your average price of the Silvia in Uk of 400 quid Id reckon 11-1200 quid on this would be the go. Thats about $2200 AUD for us down here. A serious contender in that range of DB's. Its only really the Profitec 300 and the Expobar Minore that come in with PID around that sort of dough. 

• Main boiler Capacity0.3 liter / 0.07 UK ga
  • Steam boiler capacity1 liter / 0.22 gal
  • Energy saving insulated Yes

0.3 liters main boiler. Would that be sufficient to make 4 espressos one after another?

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

1 minute ago, Inspector said:

0.3 liters main boiler. Would that be sufficient to make 4 espressos one after another?

Only just. As long as you're not flushing in between i guess. You'd have to keep an eye on the PID though for your recovery after each shot, but I guess the boiler would automatically pull in some fresh water after each shot anyway?  Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but thats how my GC works I'm sure. 

Looks like it'll blow the Classic pro out of the water.
Wonder if the auto off will be as easy to disable as the current Silvia's.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

18 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

Different beast though isn't it. The auto off on my GC drives me nuts. 

Edited by Pablo El Beano

Different beast though isn't it. The auto off on my GC drives me nuts. 
Absolutely. Priced right, it could be a worthy contender for the Sage DB.

52 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

It probably will blow it out of the water.... BUT it'll probably also be 2-3x the price of even a new Classic Pro (and more like 10x the price of a used Classic), which is a significant consideration for most people in the usual Gaggia Classic vs Silvia dilemma.

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

LMLM has a 170ml boiler, which I think is non-standard, but I reckon that’s plenty for most folk. Doing back-to-back without a fast on-demand grinder and multiple portafilters is a slow enough process regardless.

I think they will try to get it under £1k. If so it will do well but above that you’re into Minima territory.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Long time coming. Unless they get too greedy, should cost less than two Silvias, so well below £800. 

Long time coming. Unless they get too greedy, should cost less than two Silvias, so well below £800. 

and PID.

8 hours ago, PPapa said:

not sure id be paying £1.5 k for the specs of this. A Bianca can be had for £1700-1800 

If it's say £800 then people might look at it , given the silvia price at the moment , i doubt it though .

Be interested to see how they are running the 0.3 litre brew boiler and the temp management it has . 1 litre steam boiler , it has a temperature indicator not a PID ?

Photo looks like a franken silvia , looks wise is pretty dated or like they just cant be bothered to make a new machine. Steam boiler is 1litre so on the small side too? 

The drip tray looks tiny ? which was really frustrating on the slivia , can it be plumbed ? 

Looks like a half arsed response on  paper with old bits from the factory  , lastly it is neither shiny nor a kitchen friendly home appliance looks wise 

Edited by Mrboots2u

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

This machine is in compact dual boiler class, compare it with similar designs like Lelit PL92T. I like its retro look :)

Edited by L&R

CFBG Team

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

5 minutes ago, L&R said:

This machine is in compact dual boiler class compare it with similar designs like Lelit PL92T. I like its retro look :)

Will need to be around the £1100 mark. 

Sometimes retro is a design decision , sometimes its coz they just aint changed the design for 30 years :) 

Edited by Mrboots2u

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I agree yet will see.

CFBG Team

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

not sure id be paying £1.5 k for the specs of this. A Bianca can be had for £1700-1800 

If it's say £800 then people might look at it , given the silvia price at the moment , i doubt it though .

Be interested to see how they are running the 0.3 litre brew boiler and the temp management it has . 1 litre steam boiler , it has a temperature indicator not a PID ?

Photo looks like a franken silvia , looks wise is pretty dated or like they just cant be bothered to make a new machine. Steam boiler is 1litre so on the small side too? 

The drip tray looks tiny ? which was really frustrating on the slivia , can it be plumbed ? 

Looks like a half arsed response on  paper with old bits from the factory  , lastly it is neither shiny nor a kitchen friendly home appliance looks wise 

Am guessing you haven't read the specs on the linky in the first post where it specifically states it has a PID. [emoji12]

Looks wise.....It looks like a Silvia.

3 hours ago, ashcroc said:

Looks wise.....It looks like a Silvia.

Simple, clean and utilitarian. Better than most ACS or Lelit machines to be honest.

• Like 2

I like the looks of that...sadly it will be over my budget which just stretches to a Silvia V6 or Lelit PL41

It does mention auto off for EU, it does not say if it is optionally on/off or non adjustable. ?

It does mention auto off for EU, it does not say if it is optionally on/off or non adjustable. ?
Probably non adjustable like the standard Silvia.

I asked Bella barista about stocking this but they said the price was too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk