Soya, oat, almond, rice.... Sweetened, unsweetened... Aaarrrgggg

Doesn't look too appetising 
Haha, yeah that was horrendous. Curdled instantly. Luckily it was in a glass so was prepared for what was to come. Needless to say it ended up down the sink.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LR - EK43S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

What happens when Oatly barista meets acidic Kenyan smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png
It was surprisingly good as a flat white with the last LSOL offering however. Only decided to buy a carton based on the chat here. c6a90083829c6f8fbc7efa2881107445.jpg

There's something I find aesthetically pleasing about that pic. Don't think I could bring myself to drink the coffee though I've had the odd curdled cocktail in the past that was tasty.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

ok, favourite so far is Hazelnut (cause I love hazelnut chocolate I suppose) but it is far too sweet. Overpowers the coffee. The only "unsweetened" version I found in Tesco was from Innocent (which bragged about only 4 ingredients - hazelnuts, rice, water and some salt) so thought worth a try. It didn't froth well, separated quite a lot in the cup (not the foam but the darker substance from the milk - assuming the hazelnut flavour part) and the taste wasn't quite right....damn. I was so close. I still need to try a few more brands so the tests go on. I might have to start my own oat/hazelnut blend ?

p.s. Thanks for all the suggestions so far!!!

Edited by AlanB1976
thanking peeps
32 minutes ago, AlanB1976 said:

What is it? Soya?

Spring Water, Coconut Cream*, Brown Rice*, Cashew*, Himalayan Salt, Nutritional Yeast are the ingredients from Ocado's product page for it. Many reviews on there saying it curdles in tea and coffee very easily, though.

What happens when Oatly barista meets acidic Kenyan smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png
It was surprisingly good as a flat white with the last LSOL offering however. Only decided to buy a carton based on the chat here. c6a90083829c6f8fbc7efa2881107445.jpg

You could actually have fixed that with 20ml of cold oat in a fresh glass then quickly pouring that into it. Works with soy and almond.
  • Like 1

"decaf iced americano, warm half-soy-half-oat floated on the top with 3 shakes cinnamon. I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠"

On 25/10/2019 at 11:56, HBLP said:

Spring Water, Coconut Cream*, Brown Rice*, Cashew*, Himalayan Salt, Nutritional Yeast are the ingredients from Ocado's product page for it. Many reviews on there saying it curdles in tea and coffee very easily, though.

Correct, yes it does curdle a bit in tea. As a standalone milk replacement, it is amazing though (and healthy!). The "full fat" version could be very good for steaming though? I only drink coffee black, save for a tiny bit of "schiuma" in an espresso and it does the job.

• 3 weeks later...

So, interestingly I left some Minor Figures and some Oatly Barista milks in a couple glasses. I was doing it to get them to the same temperature so I could try sip each and determine the taste difference. I didn't expect the separation to be quite so different when sitting. The oatly one is the one that separated a lot. They were both fine when mixed. Just found it interesting. 

20191118_070453.jpg