orge

La Marzocco Linea Mini Black (Sheffield) - £2250

Hi,

I originally picked this up around a year ago to put in a second home that I was renting for my work but it is now surplus as we have a Londinium R at home in Sheffield.
It was purchased second-hand and is around 4 years old now. After receiving it, I had it serviced by Caffeine Fix in Edinburgh around the beginning of this year and then it had light use for 6 months before going into "retirement".

As you can see from the pics, it's in good condition overall - just a few marks here and there. It makes lovely espresso and steam is pretty close to commercial standard. Tbh, we are only selling it because we love the process of using the Londinium - they both make fantastic coffee! :)

It benefits from a bottomless portafilter in addition to the original spouted portafilter.
I'm not 100% sure what basket is currently installed - probably an 18g VST but I will check when I'm at home.

The machine is in Sheffield and is available to view/demo/collect from there. I also regularly travel north to my workplace in Bradford so there may be some drop off options for the surrounding area etc.

Thanks,

James

71768953_378896196331075_5407140783717351424_n.jpg

72274607_526317204836299_1054956491745787904_n.jpg

72331484_437007520518813_4480590083111518208_n.jpg

71642866_496057884574019_4183645802431774720_n.jpg

71673114_515136682379463_76573692020129792_n.jpg

72573255_443501756264855_9037931334881771520_n.jpg

72207930_542945203119605_7948471519716311040_n.jpg

Edited by orge
  • Like 3

Londinium R v3 / Silvia / Mythos One CP / HG One / Feldgrind Mk2 / Baratza Vario / Dripster / IMS 18g VST / Londinium Tamper / Decent Espresso Baskets + Tamper / Acaia Scales / Forge / Foundry Roasts

I am surprised this hasn't had any interest :)

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Yes, this is still for sale. :)

J

• Like 1

Londinium R v3 / Silvia / Mythos One CP / HG One / Feldgrind Mk2 / Baratza Vario / Dripster / IMS 18g VST / Londinium Tamper / Decent Espresso Baskets + Tamper / Acaia Scales / Forge / Foundry Roasts

Hi there, I’m very interested. Would you be willing to match the price if the 13 new Vesuvius machines listed in a different post at $1900? 

@orge

You have an offer of sorts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamB said:

Hi there, I’m very interested. Would you be willing to match the price if the 13 new Vesuvius machines listed in a different post at $1900? 

Dollars or Pounds ? 

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Hi Sam,

£1900 is a bit on the low side, although I appreciate the Vesuvius is a lovely machine and a great deal.
Are you actually in Aberdeen or closer to Sheffield?

Thanks,

J

Pounds. My keyboard is American. 

I will be located in Aberdeen. I’m in the process of packing up at the moment. I will be on the ground Jan 1st. 

I know this is a little way out and probably on the lower side so I totally understand if you don’t want to either wait or come down to 1900 pounds. 

sam

Hi @orge, I've a few questions if you're able to answer them:

1. What's the warmup time for this machine? I seem to find conflicting views, some quoting 15 mins, others 40+ mins. I'm guessing this might be to do with 110V vs 220V variants.

2. Are you able to confirm the condition of "just a few marks here and there"... I'm not sure if it's the photos, but every photo I zoom in on appears to show scratches, the drip tray especially, and a sizeable chip on the left-hand side of the front panel. What is the condition of the top and rear?

3. Do you have the receipt from the service?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Steve,

The warmup time is about 5-10 mins for espresso - I believe the Linea Mini has a small boiler to enable this and it's different from La Marzocco's larger/commercial machines in this respect. I'm not 100% sure that steam is available at full power in this time although I don't ever recall switching the wand on and getting watery steam.

I believe the photos are reflective of the actual condition. It does have a couple of small marks but none of them detract from the overall appearance or suggest anything other than normal wear and tear, imho. I don't recall anything in particular on the rear/top of the machine.

Yes, I do have the receipt from caffeinefix.

Thanks,

James

@orge

Hi James,

Thanks for getting back to me.

That's good to hear regarding the warm up time, It's one of my main criteria for a machine.

Do you have any photos of the rear and right hand side of the machine?

Do you know if this has been used commercially?

Lastly, do you have the original box and accessories? I see the original portafilter is mentioned.

Thanks again,

Stephen

This is now sold elsewhere.
Thanks for the interest.

J

every time I see one of these, its always with the drip tray the wrong way round :) 

Great little machine and I'm in the process of working out if the upgrade is going to be worth it for me. 

Eureka Mignon Specialita - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Motta Competition 58.4mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

That's entirely up to you, whats your max budget

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo