EwanEdwards

Electric Pourover kettle

Hi.

I've just moved into a new flat and need to buy a new kettle and was wondering if i could forego a regular kettle and only have an electric pourover kettle.

Anyone have one gathering dust?

Would anyone advise against using a pourover as your prinary kettle for cooking water etc?

Cheers

Ewan

I would advise against it. 

Electric pour over kettles are expensive and if you use it for everything it will wear out quicker and cost you more to replace.

Capacity is often much less than a regular kettle so you might end up boiling it more for cooking than you anticipate.

Generally they are slow to boil compared to a cheap fast boil kettle.

You might end up using different water for coffee than your tap water so it is easier to keep separate.

Scaling may or may not be an issue depending on your location.

I have one gathering dust. I can send you some pictures later if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Thanks Step21. You make good points. (even if they dont provide me the justification  i wanted to buy an  expensive kettle!)

Am in london so scale is a real issue.

TBH I just moved into the place and havent  given the communal kitchen a proper look around there may well be a  standard kettle there allowing me to reserve the gooseneck for coffee and tea in my room.

Joey24Dirt. 

Please do post photos and details and i'll get back to you tonight once i have a clearer idea of my requirements.

1 hour ago, EwanEdwards said:

TBH I just moved into the place and havent  ginven the communal kitchen a proper look around there may well be a  standard kettle there allowing me to reserve the gooseneck for coffee and tea in my room.

This is exactly what you want to do. Get a pour over kettle as it helps so much for V60 etc. If there is no communal kettle then get an additional cheap fast boil kettle. I've got an Asda branded one for £15 that does the job for kitchen duties.

Bonavita smart kettle thing

6b8c3034e677f005f920c73c046b2558.jpg
e5bff8cbff480f38ea27ebb5e3ab0bfd.jpg

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Well I never thought i'd say this but the interior of your kettle is beautiful.

How much would you like for it?

Well I never thought i'd say this but the interior of your kettle is beautiful.
How much would you like for it?

Well, I’m blushing... thank you.

What do they go for new?

• Like 2

@SkateReclaimCreate

Just had a quick look. Upwards of £60 ish

£30 plus postage any good?

@SkateReclaimCreate

I have a bonavita and it is a fantastic kettle.

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka. Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)