After a Kinu M47 to finish off my coffee making gear.

Cheers

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka,  Aeropress, Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle. ** Kinu M47 Wanted **

A little bump

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka,  Aeropress, Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle. ** Kinu M47 Wanted **

Hi

How much are you hoping to pay?

I bought mine off the forum in June this year. Hardly used and in great condition.

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/index.php?/topic/46813-Kinu-M47

It’s a lovely thing to use, a great bit of engineering and produces excellent coffee in the cup. I wasn’t thinking of selling it but as you’ll see from the thread, it was an indulgent purchase so happy to consider an offer not far off what I paid.

Otherwise I’m very happy to carry on enjoying it for V60/Kalita when the mood takes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.
Do you have any pics showing the condition of the unit and burrs? Do you know roughly how much use it’s had from you and the previous owner? Age?

Very interested mate.

4 minutes ago, The Asgard said:

Do you know roughly how much use it’s had from you and the previous owner? Age?

Previous owner here. A few kgs through it, few months old. If Salty is happy to sell it, bite his hand off. These are excellent and don't come up often from trusted sources. Frankly I miss it :D

Edited by catpuccino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ECM Heidelberg Mechanika IV Profi // Niche Zero

Previous owner here. A few kgs through it, few months old. If Salty is happy to sell it, bite his hand off. These are excellent and don't come up often from trusted sources. Frankly I miss it

Cheers Matt.

Damn now you’re making me think I shouldn’t sell it!

As Matt says it was almost new when he sold it to me and hadn’t had much through it. I use about a kilo of beans a month, most of which I put through my Niche to use for espresso, and when I’ve used the Kinu it’s been for pour over. So since buying it from Matt I doubt that it’s had more than a kilo through it.

Happy to take it apart and post some pics for you but may not be before the weekend.

As I mentioned, I’m not in a rush to sell and if you don’t want it I have no plans to part with it. But if you are interested I’d be looking for £230 plus postage. I have the original box and it’ll be well packed. Not sure where you live but if you’re local to me (Sidmouth, Devon) you’re welcome to come and have a play. I also go to London 2-3 times a month - Waterloo area - if that helps.

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Hi Salty,

I was hoping to get closer to £200 with the C40 around £190 new. Which version do you have?
Like you I’m not in a rush, just need to pickup something before my next holiday in August next year.

cheers catpuccino

4 hours ago, The Asgard said:
Hi Salty,
I was hoping to get closer to £200 with the C40 around £190 new. Which version do you have?
Like you I’m not in a rush, just need to pickup something before my next holiday in August next year.

cheers catpuccino

Hi

This is the one I have

https://www.kinugrinders.com/index.php?page=m_home_page.public.show_product&Id_Product=16

Hope that link works otherwise just head to the Kinu M47

Currently retails for €329

A friend of mine recently bought the C40 and loves it but personally I think the Kinu is a different beast altogether. Have you watched the James Hoffman video comparing high end grinders? 

If £200 is your budget the C40 looks like a good option.

Cheers

Tim

Edited by salty

On 18/09/2019 at 14:44, carbonkid85 said:

Hi Tim,

Yes. I  watched the James Hoffman video, along with many others. I think the word is the C40 is better for use with an Aeropress / V60, espresso the Kinu is king.

In the morning. I'm  making several espresso coffee's with the R58 so I would use my Royal. At night I'm the only one wanting coffee so to save the planet and for speed I use my Aeropress / V60. This means altering the Royal which slightly knocks it off for the next day. The other reason is for making coffee in the caravan, sick of instant.

Ultimately. The reason I like the Kinu is because of the build quality.

If you change your mind and your prepared to move a bit on the price then please give me a shout. Not in a rush like you.

Thanks again for your interest. :) 

Edited by The Asgard
added

Hi

No worries
I’m kind of relieved really. I would have let it go at the asking price but I’m happy to hang on to it.

Honestly, if I were you I’d go for a new Feldgrind. Don’t get me wrong, the Kinu is great and I’ve had great reports about the C40 but the Feldgrind was my first quality grinder once I realised the Hario and the Porlex weren’t up to the job and I still really enjoy using it. Plus I think you’d get change from £200

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

The Feldgrind is kind of a plan c if MBK can get some in stock. Pipped to a Feld2 for just over £100 by a fellow forum member. Waiting for some feedback. 

It was pretty clear you didn’t really want to sell your precious, totally relate to that mate.

Edited by The Asgard

You can buy a new Kinu M47 Phoenix for € 195 + courier.

Seller of Geisha Coffee

@The Asgard, If you are grinding less than 25grams (or thereabouts), the compact, travel-friendly Aergrind by Knock is a worthy consideration. Best value for least money, without a doubt. It performs beautifully for my coffee needs. I use it or my Niche grinder, depending on my mood or how rushed I am.

@The Asgard, If you are grinding less than 25grams (or thereabouts), the compact, travel-friendly Aergrind by Knock is a worthy consideration. Best value for least money, without a doubt. It performs beautifully for my coffee needs. I use it or my Niche grinder, depending on my mood or how rushed I am.

It’s designed in a way that it cannot be user serviceable - not sure if that’s the case with Kinu grinders.

It’s designed in a way that it cannot be user serviceable.

The MBK feldgrind?

In which sense?

The MBK feldgrind?

In which sense?

Aergrind. I’m not sure about Feld 2.

The burrs are press fit, which means they cannot be replaced, realigned or taken apart for a deep clean. If they ever pop out... then I guess glue is the only option.

My original Feldgrind has a grub screw on the side to hold the outer burr in place. It’s dead easy to do.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PPapa said:

Aergrind. I’m not sure about Feld 2.

The burrs are press fit, which means they cannot be replaced, realigned or taken apart for a deep clean. If they ever pop out... then I guess glue is the only option.

My original Feldgrind has a grub screw on the side to hold the outer burr in place. It’s dead easy to do.

I must be a “gentle grinder”!

There is also a “grub screw” on the side of the Aergrind. (I have not found any need to repair, adjust or replace parts, but I have seen a youtube of a guy who regularly dismantles the Aergrind, right down to individual parts, for cleaning. Is that what you mean?)

I must be a “gentle grinder”!
There is also a “grub screw” on the side of the Aergrind. (I have not found any need to repair, adjust or replace parts, but I have seen a youtube of a guy who regularly dismantles the Aergrind, right down to individual parts, for cleaning. Is that what you mean?)

This is what I mean, the screw holds the outer burr:
a89b9190e36a761bebc94385a63a23b4.jpgd3dc50ac7bef1be2be83ff12726e633d.jpg

Unless AerGrind design changed after Kickstarter, of course.

Ah cool never mind then! Thanks for clarifying that.

• Like 2

I could be dead wrong, but my understanding (two years ago) was that the Feldgrind & Aergrind were the same, apart from size/capacity. Newer models may have changed though, I haven’t been following the changes.

Hi SlowPress,

Thanks for the heads up.

Emailed MBK via the website asking a few question about 3 weeks ago, so far not had any response. The lack of sales support does put me off given I’m wanting to by one of their products. Reading around, the lack of support for issues seems to have similar lack of response, not good.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Asgard said:

Hi SlowPress,

Thanks for the heads up.

Emailed MBK via the website asking a few question about 3 weeks ago, so far not had any response. The lack of sales support does put me off given I’m wanting to by one of their products. Reading around, the lack of support for issues seems to have similar lack of response, not good.

My guess would be a one-man shop may not have time to answer numerous questions from numerous prospective buyers (most of whom may be kicking tires only). I bought directly from MBK, no initial inquires though. Had no trouble getting prompt  replies with a couple of questions I had after I bought the Aergrind. Some recommend buying from a retailer, if concerned. I think Bella Barista & The Barn carry MBK grinders, for example.

Edited by Slowpress

Still looking

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)