Elis959

Custom mode on bambino plus

Hi there, 

I bought this coffee machine for my boyfriend. He loves Americano or anyway long coffe. We wanted to set up the machine to do a very long custom double shot but it fails.  

I followed the instructions but the machine stops automatically after a bit and today when I used it again, I was ready to press 3 times the extended double shot but it didn’t remember the settings and I had to set up again. Does anyone know what I could do?

Those kind of settings are to adjust the shot time/volume out coffee out. For example, you might want 36g out of 18g of coffee (that's your basic 2:1 double shot starting point). An americano or long black is a standard double shot with added water, not a larger shot volume. The latter would cause horribly overextracted coffee and I suspect the Bambino has a built-in limit to avoid this being set. 

Unless there's an option to run hot water out of the steam wand, you'll need to pop the kettle on and add your water from there :) 

25 minutes ago, Elis959 said:

Hi there, 

I bought this coffee machine for my boyfriend. He loves Americano or anyway long coffe. We wanted to set up the machine to do a very long custom double shot but it fails.  

I followed the instructions but the machine stops automatically after a bit and today when I used it again, I was ready to press 3 times the extended double shot but it didn’t remember the settings and I had to set up again. Does anyone know what I could do?

What are you trying to achieve with the custom double mode? A certain size or strength  of drink? If so what volume ? 

Fill a cup? Make an amerciano , If so its better to make a decent sized shot and dilute rather than make a huge shot that can fill a mug.

Re the comments on weight in and out 18g to make 36  possibly with if you using pre ground and a pressurised basket this may not be what you are aiming for and not why you bought the machine in the first place, as you wanted a simple plug and play operation. 

Tasty shots can be more than 36g which is roughly about 1.5 oz ???

Edited by Mrboots2u

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

6 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

What are you trying to achieve with the custom double mode? A certain size or strength  of drink? If so what volume ? 

Fill a cup? Make an amerciano , If so its better to make a decent sized shot and dilute rather than make a huge shot that can fill a mug.

Re the comments on weight in and out 18g to make 36  possibly with if you using pre ground and a pressurised basket this may not be what you are aiming for and not why you bought the machine in the first place, as you wanted a simple plug and play operation. 

Tasty shots can be more than 36g which is roughly about 1.5 oz ???

Not sure I follow what you're picking up on. I was just explaining that the custom double mode is to make that kind of adjustment to the shot, not what @Elis959 described which I read as them trying to use the double shot mode to make an americano by just extending the shot time.

3 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Not sure I follow what you're picking up on. I was just explaining that the custom double mode is to make that kind of adjustment to the shot, not what @Elis959 described which I read as them trying to use the double shot mode to make an americano by just extending the shot time.

Apologies i see 1:2 ratio on every post and skim read, my bad.

Agree with your post, make a tasty shot, top up with kettle. 

Instagram - rjw_inc

3 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Instagram - rjw_inc

Has the added benefit of not having to refill the tank as often.

Laissez les bons temps rouler