Compaq K3 - problematic after changing Burrs.

Hi all,

I finally got around to changing the burrs in my K3, not because they were misbehaving, mainly because they must be over 5 years old and are the originals. I  have to say I wish I had not bothered as it is now driving me insane. I am wasting so much coffee and just can't get them dialled in. The issue, I cant seem to get the coffee fine enough, the moment I'm almost dialled in, the coffee does not come through, I can't even back it off slightly, I have to open the burrs right back up, to really course and then start again. The burrs came from Jaguar Coffee and were listed as for the mazzer mini or K3, they were not expensive at £14 and looked the same as the old ones.

When I opened up the grinder again to check if there was anything obviously wrong I found that one of the silicone curtains had become misshaped, I have now removed both of these so I can eliminated these causing the issue.

I was aware there maybe a slight bed in period, but this is ridiculous, it's almost unusable and I have put through 2kg of beans now.

Has anyone got any advice on this as causing a bit of frustration ?

On 23/09/2019 at 12:59, SimonTal said:

one of the silicone curtains had become misshaped, I have now removed both of these so I can eliminated these causing the issue

Have you tried putting the the old burrs back in the machine and see how that works... If it works the new burrs are not fit for purpose if it's still causing you problems I would look at some new silicone curtains.. I assume the silicone curtains were intact prior to you cleaning machine and changing the burrs? Process of elimination?

• 8 months later...

I just buy used k3 grinder with similar problem, I edit and made new thread istede highjack this

Edited by JackHK