PottyMouthedBuddhist

Gene Roasting Chamber Rubber Dampers

I decided to give my Gene a spring clean today and while cleaning out the roasting chamber I found two little rubber dampers in the washing up bowl. I've tracked their home down to the swinging piece that prevents chaff from building up - the dampers obviously stop it smashing into the glass of the roasting chamber.

What I can't figure out is how they clip back in again - there's nothing more than a little hook, which I could understand if it was one piece of rubber, but it's two. Unless I've lost a pin or something that holds them together.

Does anyone know, or have any suggestions?

Ah, I can answer my own question - looks like it's one piece that falls apart quite often, as BB sell them in a pack of 5.

If you bought it new, there should be a spare in the box, with the user’s guide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

If you bought it new, there should be a spare in the box, with the user’s guide.

No I bought it used, but it's only £8 for a pack of 5 so they should be with me shortly :)

• Like 1