catpuccino

Eureka Olympus 75E HS with titanium burrs

Below copied from the valuation thread. Price set at £500 collected in Edinburgh (I'd be happy drive it a reasonable distance at cost).

Purchased as part of the ECM group buy that many of you have seen. It's excellent, but the size simply doesn't fit the kitchen (I have quite a small kitchen, the grinder's actually quite modestly sized compared to some!) and I'm quite happy with the Niche for my use cases. 

As described in the original thread, it has the upgraded titanium burrs and BB warranty until November 2020.

It really is in immaculate condition, you'd be hard pressed to distinguish it from new.

Photos: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xKziyyGNdSKk1k2r8

• Like 2

Sounds like a steal. Would've taken it had I not recently upgraded to an e37s. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi

What is the total height of this please?

Also, how do you find it for dialing in? I currently have a mignon and that stupid little grind adjustment wheel is just so...... well useless for consistent dialing in and I see this has similar...

Looking to upgrade and looking for at a few options at the moment.

Mr LSOL - October offering here -> Clicky <-

Hi @Hairy_Hogg

It's around 48cm with the short hopper you see here.

I've not used it a great deal since I got it in a deal along with the ECM. It does have a similar 'micrometric' adjustment, but it's much smoother than the mignons which I never got on with either. There's none of the feeling the mignon has of the dial not being really connected to the burrs...If you're switching between beans often, it might not be your best bet though it does have a proper numbered reference (again unlike the mignon!).

I'm happy with my Niche, and I switch between beans and brew methods often so it suits my workflow. If I were in the market for a dedicated espresso grinder, I'd not hesitate to keep it. Frankly the build quality makes every other grinder I've used feel like a toy, and ripping through 18g in ~2s never gets old.

20190923_155343.jpg

Edited by catpuccino
  • Like 3

Hi

I know this is a long shot but just in case, are you travelling nearer the west midlands any time soon?

Sorry@catpuccino but it is too tall for me. Good luck with the sale

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mr LSOL - October offering here -> Clicky <-

@catpuccino Big ask I know so understand if you say no but would you be willing to meet me halfway at say Tebay services? 

If so I would like to offer £550

Edited by Bradders172
Grammar

Hi @Bradders172, sorry I missed your post before now. Tebay would have been a little far I'm afraid! 

Sold via eBay pending collection. 

• Like 1

Someone’s snagged a beaut of a grinder!

• Like 1

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's gone, can be moved to sold! 

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thank you @catpuccino. Grinder fits really well into my kitchen and I love the consistency it gives me over the built in Sage BE grinder.

New coffee machine next!

Thanks,

Nillle (aka Crathie)

• Like 1

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)