IGNORED

2019 Niche Zero in White

Hello!

Herewith selling my flawless white Niche Zero that had been bought as cupping/tasting grinder in February 2019. When a certain Mazzer ZM came along, I've moved it to the office where it had been used with the old LaPavoni, lately. Now that LaDiva is retiring, I shall part ways with this here cutie as well...

It comes complete with brush and grind cup, all looks like new, has seen mild usage of around 10 kilos of beans (just recalculated, it cannot be more than that). Everything is in perfect working order, nest and clean. Will ship from Austria with love and original box.

Price is a fixed 425GBP posted (DPD incl. insurance).

50371709d68924c218341812ff6b25f2.jpg

e808a586d6ce46ce2afde5b2e5e26dec.jpg

b77ea24d6edc7c5cb5d6c7106bbf1772.jpg

93d6efba812c14157dd7ed54b896b691.jpg

4b846baa5d4280a487342b8034d6fbd0.jpg

19ce9b873b85ac453d48155d9b86af9f.jpg

8fffb5db201a12e4ad4a5a305cecb81d.jpg

8c5bd786759f5f4404ab8a3e8dfb2b2f.jpg

16d76e5025e12d90ac07cf332dfd2850.jpg

ea7fdbaf19d75ee04693a64a586ccfa6.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

Is that a yes you want it , or a I think I might .. best to be clear in these threads. 

Sorry @Mrboots2u - I do want to make an offer.

Matt - 

I know you said fixed but would £410 + a small bag of coffee beans be acceptable to reflect repeat customer and shipping costs / hassle savings?

By the way, the paypal friends and family option has a £3 fee because your account is not registered in the UK (that's the only logical explanation from speaking to support) which I would be happy to cover if you wish.

Also, do you have any idea of when the burrs would need replacing and how much it would cost? 

Best,

Otis

14 minutes ago, Flamingo said:

Sorry @Mrboots2u - I do want to make an offer.

Matt - 

I know you said fixed but would £410 + a small bag of coffee beans be acceptable to reflect repeat customer and shipping costs / hassle savings?

By the way, the paypal friends and family option has a £3 fee because your account is not registered in the UK (that's the only logical explanation from speaking to support) which I would be happy to cover if you wish.

Also, do you have any idea of when the burrs would need replacing and how much it would cost? 

Best,

Otis

@Flamingo I think Niche (Mazzer conical) burrs are good for about 800Kg. You'll likely never have to replace them. After the 10kgs Hasi's whacked in them they should be bedded in nicely as fresh burrs need a bit of time to reach their peak performance.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Gavin said:

@Flamingo I think Niche (Mazzer conical) burrs are good for about 800Kg. You'll likely never have to replace them. After the 10kgs Hasi's whacked in them they should be bedded in nicely as fresh burrs need a bit of time to reach their peak performance.

Thanks for clearing this up for me @Gavin. I don't think I will ever use that much unless I change careers! 

Thought to ask because I read somewhere that Mazzer Super Jolly ones need to be replaced every 75kg. 

@Flamingo - Nicked from @DavecUK's Niche review

"The Niche Zero has the same quality burrs you will find in famous name commercial grinders costing £1,200. They are food grade 63mm conical burrs from a leading Italian burr manufacturer. A Mazzer Kony has the same size burrs, in fact Kony burrs from Mazzer would just pop right in. The specially hardened food grade burrs, last 70% longer than standard hardened steel burrs. This gives less contamination as there is less wear and hence the term food grade. Burr life is in the region of 750Kg of ground coffee (source: burr manufacturer), or around 20 years home use!"

• Like 1
Just now, Flamingo said:

Thanks for clearing this up for me @Gavin. I don't think I will ever use that much unless I change careers! 

Thought to ask because I read somewhere that Mazzer Super Jolly ones need to be replaced every 75kg. 

you're missing a zero here ;)

alright, let's settle for 415GBP as we've got this other shipment pending!

"The Niche Zero has the same quality burrs you will find in famous name commercial grinders costing £1,200. They are food grade 63mm conical burrs from a leading Italian burr manufacturer. A Mazzer Kony has the same size burrs, in fact Kony burrs from Mazzer would just pop right in. The specially hardened food grade burrs, last 70% longer than standard hardened steel burrs. This gives less contamination as there is less wear and hence the term food grade. Burr life is in the region of 750Kg of ground coffee (source: burr manufacturer), or around 20 years home use!"
That review must be from before the niche went into production as they decided to fit genuine Mazzer burrs as standard.

Well done@flamingo sorted yourself a really great setup, you should be really pleased.

It’s strange I had a niche for a short while, the way it looked didn’t appeal to me at least,the taste in the cup didn’t exactly blow me away(could have been unseasoned burrs)and I wasn’t a big fan of the switch at the side and yet still I nearly bought this before your offer. Made me realise just how little there is that compares to it and despite some small things that weren’t to my taste I’d be keen to have one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ashcroc said:
12 hours ago, Gavin said:

That review must be from before the niche went into production as they decided to fit genuine Mazzer burrs as standard.

It was, Mazzer burrs most likely (depending on whether they could get supply), so I had to be deliberately obtuse as they were worried Mazzer might get upset. The specification is good for the Mazzer Kony burrs though. The food grade was put in as a red herring. All burrs are food grade, but one manufacturer actually uses the term. Well done @Flamingo you will enjoy using the grinder.

Oh and if you did need genuine burrs in 20 or 30 years time they are currently around £110-£130 but even then it's not guaranteed to get genuine, anything at £90 or less will always be cheaper non OEM burrs whatever the vendor says and genuine ones will always have "Mazzer 191C" on them.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

Nothing here...

3 hours ago, KTD said:

Well done@flamingo sorted yourself a really great setup, you should be really pleased.

It’s strange I had a niche for a short while, the way it looked didn’t appeal to me at least,the taste in the cup didn’t exactly blow me away(could have been unseasoned burrs)and I wasn’t a big fan of the switch at the side and yet still I nearly bought this before your offer. Made me realise just how little there is that compares to it and despite some small things that weren’t to my taste I’d be keen to have one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your correct about running in but I found the worst aspect disappeared pretty quickly and changed rather than totally spoilt the drink. Later I found it was also better to alter prep, quantity and ratios.

There are a number of commercial grinders about that allow very fine adjustments but when it's from widely different settings none really match Niche for the time it takes to do it.

John

-

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo