IGNORED

Avoid Gaggia Service

char1ie

Had a very frustrating experience with Gaggia Service - they are based in Nottingahm. They collected a Gaggia TS with a fault, charged me nearly £100 and returned it to me with the same fault. Now they are refusing to fix ir or refund me. This is annoying but I see that there are a few negative reviews about them on Google so I am obviously not the first.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a reliable Gaggia fixer in London? 

Thanks all,

Charlie 

Edited by char1ie

Had a very frustrating experience with Gaggia Service - they are based in Nottingahm. They collected a Gaggia TS with a fault, charged me nearly £100 and returned it to me with the same fault. Now they are refusing to fix ir or refund me. This is annoying but I see that there are a few negative reviews about them on Google so I am obviously not the first.
Thanks all,

Charlie 

What’s the fault? You’ll be surprised but most of faults can be easily fixed at home.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 hours ago, char1ie said:

Thanks all,

Charlie 

As MRS said, what is the problem ?   A detailed explanation , the lead up to this fault, has it been regularly de-scaled and if something visible photo's or vid.

What did they say they had done to rectify this fault ?   Invoice ?

Thanks all,

The no water light is on, even with water in the tank. They repaired it I think by replacing the sensor. Thanks for the offer Bacms but I haven't got time to travel to Cambridge. 

Happy to fix it myself and will post this in the repairs thread. 

Citizens Advice is pointless. I know what to do - ask for a refund by letter then start the legal process via moneyclaim.co.uk .

Charlie

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 15/09/2019 at 15:19, char1ie said:

Citizens Advice is pointless. I know what to do - ask for a refund by letter then start the legal process via moneyclaim.co.uk .

Charlie

Or if paid by credit card or Paypal etc ask them to refund, many times that works, as I believe the card companies charge the retailer if they get involved, And also the shop doesn’t want to upset the card company, they will have no business if they do that. 

• 5 months later...