Colonna and small(s) is the obvious one but I’m sure there are others that people can recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

As Ed mentions, Colonna & Smalls would be my top pick, also Society Cafe, Mokoko Coffee and Picnic Coffee are sound picks.

• Thanks 1

Landrace bakery next to Picnic are good too!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

You can also try the forum cafe.

Personally I’m going to Mokoko a lot before jumping on a train. They have some good beans on sale and are nice and friendly. They have two shops. The one by the Abbey is large upstairs and does great food also.

• Thanks 1

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

Thanks all - this goes to show that I didn’t Google first, since if I’d seen Colonna and Smalls that would have at least given me the top of my list

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Will be in Bath next month I know colonna but other ones do help.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Thanks all - this goes to show that I didn’t Google first, since if I’d seen Colonna and Smalls that would have at least given me the top of my list

Colonna is great, but I would say it’s not for everyone. It’s kind of more scientific, and less of a standard cafe. I love it, but others don’t really appreciate it.

Try and see what you think.

If Maxwell is there, he’s great to talk to and can quickly blow your mind with his knowledge and passion for all things coffee. You won’t get that in many places.

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

So today I went to Colonna & Smalls, Cascara, Picnic (no coffee, too caffeinated) and Comins Tea which was the best destination at all and where I drank only... tea.

The Colonna drinks were nice - but I think I had high expectations of it being another level and it wasn’t. Perfectly executed, but didn’t blow me away. I preferred the shot I had at Ngopi in Birmingham in the week.

Cascara was so-so. Their “house espresso” was Extract, and I asked what their “guest coffee” was; only to be told they didn’t really do guest coffee and the options on the wall (flat white/capp/espresso etc were what I could choose from). I clarified by asking if they had a bean different to the one by Extract and they didn’t. Perfectly drinkable espresso, but a poorly steamed coconut milk latte.

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals