mredwardmilner

R58 first-time owner - any tips, tools or advice?

Hey Rocket owners!

I've just bought an R58 and am looking for any advice you guys have on getting set up, performance tweaks or tools I could do with purchasing to make my experience better.

I've got the basics - tamper (got a second hand Espro), jug, scales etc.

Thanks team!

EM

Hello and congratulations on your purchase. What grinder do you use?

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not bought one yet - thinking maybe a Niche or Atom. Will be making a mixture of espresso and milk drinks, and being an ex-barista (it's been a while!) I'm very interested in all the new tweaks and techniques everyone is using.

On the Rocket specifically - might plumb it in at some point but in the meantime am I right in saying pre-infusion doesn't actually function unless you have mains pressure? Is that right?

I'll certainly have more questions when I get set up.

EM

I have still not plumbed mine in all got all the gear filter etc, but nor changed dish washer there is less room under counter doh! Main I have is the naked porta filte, I have not even plugged in the PDI box thing to adjust anything for me it works very well!

I have been pre-in fussing like for 5-10 secs, so hope it has worked after all this time!

Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

Pre infusion only works if it’s plumbed in. 

Just be careful with limescale otherwise your going to have big issues. I only use Ashbecks to keep it free. Beautiful machine and a joy to use everyday which gives consistent cups of coffee. 

With regard to the grinder, it’s the most important thing, more so than the Rocket. 

Edited by The Asgard

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka. Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle

Hi all,

I'm in the same situation. Got an R58 a month ago for home use only. Grinders are Mazzer Mini electronic A and Mazzer super jolly electronic. I'm looking any tips and experience from you to get the qualified espresso cups.

Thank you all.