coffeechap

Gaggia mini lever machine aka aplomat

I am clearing out the levers fron the forum day so first up is the beautiful blue Gaggia mini that was lovingly restored this thread, so check it out and see the work that has gone into it!

it has only been used at the forum day and is amazing condition. The beauty of theirs little lever is that it has a full 58 mm portafilter and therefore a VST or ims can be used.

These are quite rare and I have never seen another for sale in this condition

£250

F99B9019-94C4-4FD9-9F01-B6810E5D5689.jpeg

9131ABB4-8C26-42F4-97DC-6040ABCAD9E9.jpeg

• Like 6

AKA Toffee chips

Quality engineering and components this one, 👍 

keep calm and grind flat

Oh my!

• Like 1

Machine is just north of Swindon but can be brought down to just outside bath @ZiggyMarley

AKA Toffee chips

I might be passing through herts soon!

AKA Toffee chips

32 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

I might be passing through herts soon!

how soon?  we are off on a road trip starting Sunday, wont be back until 11th September

Not that soon unfortunately!

AKA Toffee chips

Such a shame there is no interest in this especially with the work that went into it! Oh well the forums loss will be Ebay’s gain

AKA Toffee chips

Such a shame there is no interest in this especially with the work that went into it! Oh well the forums loss will be Ebay’s gain
I am assuming this is collection only?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bacms said:

I am assuming this is collection only?

I am happy to post at cost and box it very safely @Bacms

AKA Toffee chips

I am happy to post at cost and box it very safely [mention=22950]Bacms[/mention]
Tempting. Always wanted a lever since the local cafe closed a few years back. How is the temperature stability on this machine? And how long can the shots be?

It’s an open boiler system so temp is dependent on using a thermo probe or something similar, unlike sealed systems the group doesn’t really act like a heat sink, however once you work out where you need to be with a thermo probe  you will get very repeatable excellent results.

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

Sadly this is off to Ebay as well

AKA Toffee chips

Sadly this is off to Ebay as well

It’s a shame. You should have more luck on eBay. For info, my Pavoni plus accessories which did not sell here for £350 had an offer on eBay for £399 plus postage. I declined because I did not want to post it.

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

I am surprised this wasn’t snaffled up. I expect all the members here who 'get it' have already got a second (lever) machine or something, and those that don’t get it, well, they are missing out! If I had space I would have bought it just for the pleasure of looking at it and knowing it could be used to make perfectly acceptable shots if needs be! I reckon you will get more on eBay, leave it on for a month ;)

• Like 3

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I have one already, otherwise would have tried to get it posted to Belgium...

• Like 1

Carimali UNO || KINU M47,M68 || Aeropress || Feldgrind,aergrind || Mini Gaggia || ROK hand grinder || Chemex || Kalita 185 || Clever dripper

Behmor 1600 PLUS, modded with beanprobe

5 minutes ago, martinierius said:

I have one already, otherwise would have tried to get it posted to Belgium...

Thanks for your comment, I would have sent it as well 😁

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

6 hours ago, MildredM said:

I am surprised this wasn’t snaffled up. I expect all the members here who 'get it' have already got a second (lever) machine or something, and those that don’t get it, well, they are missing out! If I had space I would have bought it just for the pleasure of looking at it and knowing it could be used to make perfectly acceptable shots if needs be! I reckon you will get more on eBay, leave it on for a month ;)

Hey Mildred. Maybe you can help me 'get it'? Not being confrontational just genuinely curious.

I've been eyeing a lever but don't know how I can justify a second machine to myself(let alone my non-coffee drinking wife!) Maybe you can give me some excuses for when I finally make the leap.

Cheers,

Gavin

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Hey Mildred. Maybe you can help me 'get it'? Not being confrontational just genuinely curious.

I've been eyeing a lever but don't know how I can justify a second machine to myself(let alone my non-coffee drinking wife!) Maybe you can give me some excuses for when I finally make the leap.

Cheers,

Gavin

It’s difficult to explain . . . I suppose you could say coffee making is part theatre and to be able to make a lovely shot on a vintage machine (which is totally unlike a shiny new machine any old body can buy 'off the shelf') that has likely got a story to tell if only could talk! To own something of age that is in beautiful condition, that still works, and has such character - well, that to me all adds up to wanting it in my my kitchen (and I probably would have a few years ago when I was more of a collector). 

I still use my L-R as machine of choice, but love making a shot on IAN'S Pav every few days, and when he isn’t looking! I would still use my Hobart for French press if it still worked - it served me well for 10 odd years! I suppose I could file some grooves into the virtually smooth burrs  . . . . !

That would be justifying it to yourself!

To justify it to your wife . . . I would explain it is a Good Investment and leave it that!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Oh and another thing, I think it comes with a matching bar towel! That should swing it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MildredM said:

Oh and another thing, I think it comes with a matching bar towel! That should swing it 😂

I deed it does, it was going to be a surprise for the new owner!

• Haha 1

AKA Toffee chips

Well done@mildredm completely ruined the surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)