locomobile

Ponte Vecchio Lusso twin group lever for sale

For sale my own Ponte Vecchio Lusso twin group lever machine. The machine has been in regular use until the other day when it was displaced by a Lelit Bianca. It has pulled about five shots per day for the last six years. I put new group seals in a few months ago. It is complete with various baskets, custom tamper and user guide

I am on advice selling it for spares or repair, as it has had its’ brain removed a few years ago. This is common with these machines as the brains’ only function is a low water level cut-out and they are generally very unreliable, in fact the machines had no brain at all until shortly before I bought mine about six years ago.

I think with a light overhaul this would make a good first lever machine or an excellent source for spares. It has served me well and I am not asking a fortune for it. It is for collection only from the West Lancashire area and I am happy to show it working and pull a few shots for the buyer.

I am asking £200 cash on collection only

PV Lusso.jpg

this is such a bargain for someone, I would love to restore it, but someone please buy it first as I'm financially committed to other projects 

Its a spring lever by the way

Edited by jimbojohn55
  • Like 1

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

I would love this but too far away unfortunately. One day I will own a working lever machine 

Having been biding my time for a keenly priced / local La Pavoni Pro,  I'm now reading up on the PV Lusso 2 like mad. Does it have a huge footprint, and what do you do with "the other" grouphead?

and what do you do with "the other" grouphead?

Use it to pull a second shot while the first one depressurises?

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

If you’re coming by Leicestershire give me a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few details in response to questions

Footprint;  Width 36cm Height 28cm Depth 28cm without lever handles

Weight is 12kgs

Routinely I use both group heads simultaneously when visitors come, it is quite a good steamer

Warm up time around 30mins to get temperature stable, can leave on all day without getting too hot

Hope that helps

Ps comes with new spare spindles for steam and hot water valves

• Like 2

On 24/08/2019 at 10:19, locomobile said:

Would you consider an offer for this? I will be in Cumbria this week and could make the drive to West Lancashire, do you think £185 would be acceptable? 

Where in West Lancs?

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

In response to the previous posts

I am happy to consider an offer when someone has seen the machine and thinks it appropriate

I am very close to Edge Hill University in Ormskirk, three minutes from M58

Ok thanks very much for the reply, I'll find out whether I can get time to drive to Ormskirk and have a look, and will contact you if so. If anybody else is keen in the meantime, get stuck in.

Did someone off the forum buy this?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, locomobile said:

Yes

Who too? It was not sold on the thread as are the rules.

AKA Toffee chips

Wasn't me, was nearly tempted

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Sold to me, at asking price. Hopefully the above thread constitutes a fair and open sale, up to the point of a private message saying "what's your address". Maybe I should have put a "shall we go to PM" comment - apologies if any rules have been broken.

It was an absolute pleasure to meet locoman, to share some of his wisdom and hospitality!

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo