Hi all, I have just purchased a Sage Barista Touch and I am having trouble getting the flow right, the instructions say 8/12 secs b4 coffee starts, mine is 4 seconds no matter what grind size, frustration is setting.  I know this is a new machine after having an auto coffer maker...

Any suggestions on grind time and size...

John

It will likely be one of these 3 things.

Not enough coffee
Grind needs to be finer
Not tamped down enough

How long does it take for a shot of Espresso from start to finish?

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

Had the grind down to 8, no difference, coffee was I overflowing, still 4 seconds ,  checked the coffee that’s fine, fresh as a daisy... I’ve read that tamping too hard can crack the puck, so tried again slightly better but still 5 seconds ... this I quite new as I had a Nespresso creatista which was auto.... 

When was the coffee roasted? Where are you storing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if it’s not fresh roasted it will just fly through the machine. What coffee is it?

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Had the grind down to 8, no difference, coffee was I overflowing, still 4 seconds ,  checked the coffee that’s fine, fresh as a daisy... I’ve read that tamping too hard can crack the puck, so tried again slightly better but still 5 seconds ... this I quite new as I had a Nespresso creatista which was auto.... 

Grinding finer may help as you've still got a ways to go before you run out of adjustment.
This thread may help as the OP was experiencing similar problems to you.
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

48 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

Yeah if it’s not fresh roasted it will just fly through the machine. What coffee is it?

It’s called Crow Tree coffee... 

But when was it roasted...

I think there’s a mirror thread going on elsewhere....either that or Deja Vu.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________