Bantam1911

GAGGIA CLASSIC PUMPS UNTIL EMPTY

Hi all,

my Gaggia Classic just keeps pumping until the tank is empty, I have cleaned solenoid valve and installed new actuator ?

Any help much appreciated.

Robert

The pump will only run while it has power,is the brew switch sticking / faulty and not cutting power to pump ?

When you say actuator do you mean switch ?  If you have changed the switch , have you replaced the connections correctly ?

Hi, I have changed the solenoid and cleaned the valve, I can’t see any other problems. Brew switch seems to work it just does not stop pumping.

thanks for your reply

When you turn the brew switch off, it should turn off the power to the pump.  If it doesn’t there is something very wrong with the wiring inside your Gaggia, or the switch is not breaking the circuit.

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

1 hour ago, Bantam1911 said:

The flow of water is very rapid and overflowing

I am still not sure what the problem is. As mentioned before the pump should stop once you turn off the brew switch (right side one when facing the machine). Given you description we are assuming this isn't the case? 

Can you do a video.

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

1 minute ago, Bantam1911 said:

Sorted now thanks to Growling !!!

For the benefit of others...was there a problem you solved? Or was it that you were leaving the brew switch on?