aris

Misdescribed burrs: TheEspressoShop.co.uk

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, coffeechap said:

It’s a shame that you have had this experience. A little bit of research prior to purchase would have shown you how much ssp burrs cost and the fact that these were so much cheaper should have raised alarm bells.

i have purchased many items from them without any issues at all so this is surprising.

I don’t quite get why you are referencing decent espresso in this thread, although they may have great service now, their customers were continually delayed in not only  the early days , but even a few years after lunching the campaign, which is hardly efficient and was very frustrating for early adopters

I only knew of SSP through forums, and knew they should be expensive. $110 is still more than double the factory burrs, which seemed like a premium enough price to me at the time. I still think asking a straightforward question to the seller should be research enough, given that it was clearly a large store (1st page of Google, tons of SKUs), where I thought the odds of an outright lie were very slim, especially over such a small amount (who would risk their reputation for that?).

In any case, I only referenced DE because I saw they were forum sponsors and felt that I should shed some positive light on a very opposite customer service experience in a thread so filled with negativity. It is only relevant by contrast and was only triggered by the banner at the bottom while I was posting. 

Edited by aris

Hey man, me thinks you can sort this very soon. have you a screenshot of the original transaction? if you have then check how to complain to trading standards. me thinks it has changed a bit how you do it and me pc skills are not that good but find out who you need to report it to. send a last email to the shop telling them that you are going to report them. am sure one of the lawyers here will give you the wording but it looks like misrepresenation to me.

• Like 1

Coming back to coffee

16 hours ago, Endless River said:

Hey man, me thinks you can sort this very soon. have you a screenshot of the original transaction? if you have then check how to complain to trading standards. me thinks it has changed a bit how you do it and me pc skills are not that good but find out who you need to report it to. send a last email to the shop telling them that you are going to report them. am sure one of the lawyers here will give you the wording but it looks like misrepresenation to me.

definitely have a screenshot of it, will give them a couple more days and then report or take other actions.