KTD

Pavoni Europiccola tips

So the machine arrived all boxed and brand new, really pleased.Took a few days of refreshing Ebay but for £300 quid feel like I’ve got a bargain. If anyone has any tips let me know! It’s strange going from a big machine to this but feels liberating had a quick go and I’ve noticed I’m getting about 45ml shots, presumably normal? Taste normal(good). Secondly steaming milk first go was horrendous but second not to bad, controlling an arm that only moves up or down is odd to say the least!

9850bf36cce7992dcaf314dec3da265d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ahh yes!!! Now then fun begins.

My shots are way shorter than yours. Unless I pull twice but I’m normally getting about 25-30ml

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

What’s the opinion on pulling more than the once? I used to do it on my gaggia achille but not convinced I should have been was a while ago and didn’t really know what I was doing.

OK

I'm no expert, but here's what I've learnt so far. Mine is an early model with no stat so I have to switch mine between low power and high power myself.

Switch on and heat up until hot, on mine that's just when the pressure release starts getting really noisy.

Purge off some steam.

Lift lever to flush a little water through basket, only about 30g.

Let it get up to pressure again and switch back to low power while I prepare puck.

I use between 13g and 16g of coffee in the basket, depending on the coffee.

I switch back to high power and let the pressure build up. Lift the lever up to the point just before water comes through, then attach the portafilter.

Lift lever fully to let water fill the chamber. At this point I usually switch the power off.

Once coffee is just starting to show through the bottom of the basket, usually 10 seconds or so I start to pull down gently, just as I hit pressure I lift the lever to refill the chamber, as soon as full I pull the whole shot in about 25 seconds.

I usually get between 35 and 40g of espresso, what that is in ml I don't know, I varies depending on amount of crema.

Enjoy it, they are great fun to use.

• Like 1

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

@MildredM What’s your work through with your Pavoni? Do you double pull or use the Fellini technique or is it just a straight one stroke?

Thanks

I use the @coffeechap method*

Perfected since this vid on day 4 😁 

*patent pending

• Like 3

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I use the [mention=2844]coffeechap[/mention] method*
Perfected since this vid on day 4  
*patent pending

Perfect, thanks

• Like 1

How many holes has your steam tip got?

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

How many holes has your steam tip got?

Two to many...some of the results have been heartbreaking

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KTD said:

Two to many...some of the results have been heartbreaking emoji23.png

I’m on it , Dreckly .

• Like 5

2770068ea93e0ea312b3631d21919afd.jpg

I have some spare ones

2067e7ae51252f97250977aa9041cc06.jpg

• Like 3

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

no thanks, kids under 3 in da house

• Like 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Spare sounds good

• Like 2

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

2 hours ago, MildredM said:

2770068ea93e0ea312b3631d21919afd.jpg

I have some spare ones emoji16.png

2067e7ae51252f97250977aa9041cc06.jpg

Well have you done your review ? 😂 And a video to see them in action 😳

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

Well have you done your review ? 😂 And a video to see them in action 😳

To be honest, they were wholly unsatisfactory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest, they were wholly unsatisfactory.
they were Hou Lee Chinese factory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford