sicknote

Stirling Coffee Peruvian Sale

5 minutes ago, Inspector said:

Ok i have received them on Thursday and had a chance to try. Beans looked slightly oily but it is not necessarily a bad thing is it? My beans seem a bit more even roasted than KTD's. 

Taste wise it is not bad. Was ok in a flat white. It was my first try tho still need to dial in. Used 18 on Niche. Need to go a tad coarser i guess. Made an aeropress this morning. Never seen that much co2 release before on any beans. Was like a jacuzzi 😂  Anyway all i can say i agree tasting notes. But more like caramel with spice and citrus rather than berries. Used 20grs beans 10 on Niche 50grs of water 1 min brew time with aeropress&fellow. I will play with them more later as i guess they are still quite fresh. 

IMG_20190823_100134.jpg

If you can be arsed take a photo of em on a white plate  little more spaced. Easier to have a mooch about em. Oil on beans , is a personal preference thing I guess. Never a good sign for the stuff that I prefer but for others people like to see a bit of oil. 

Espresso wise will need a week to settle down. 

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Thanks 👍 Do they look OK?

IMG_20190823_104438.jpg

IMG_20190823_104419.jpg

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

43 minutes ago, Inspector said:

Thanks 👍 Do they look OK?

IMG_20190823_104438.jpg

IMG_20190823_104419.jpg

they look better than the other stuff someone got , there in lies the rub though, can a roaster deliver the same product quality bag after bag.

I will still stand by my original comments that they cant be selling there quote 86 plus at those prices unless they are roasting out there shed .

• Like 1

Instagram - rjw_inc

I agree on your original comments and importance of repeatable roasting.

Has anyone else ordered from them and can compare roast or taste?

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Thanks  Do they look OK?
IMG_20190823_104438.thumb.jpg.68073fb93e4db7fd217b40a7a4793276.jpg
IMG_20190823_104419.thumb.jpg.edca64f1ecce94ac85ab968368b13378.jpg
Hope you're checking for stones.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I haven't yet 😁

Go go gadget stone remover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't yet 
You might want to take a gander at post #20!

Got the Chapin here at mo. Nice choco nut base for milk drinks, well developed without exhibiting roast, imho

James gourmet highly recommended by me, all three are good, roasts amongst the best I’ve had. Deep flavours without being overpowering and all have an interesting side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a 1kg bag of Peruvian and a 250g bag of Java which was on offer with a popup discount code.
Only just opened the java, very disappointed. I do a better job in my ceramic hob roaster.

Peruvian will be opened later in the week.

IMG_20190909_175916720.jpg

IMG_20190909_175837848.jpg

I got a 1kg bag of Peruvian and a 250g bag of Java which was on offer with a popup discount code.
Only just opened the java, very disappointed. I do a better job in my ceramic hob roaster.

IMG_20190909_175916720.thumb.jpg.76235f2866739665e5934a9f4600aebf.jpg
IMG_20190909_175837848.thumb.jpg.671317820fdaf8aefe53d941222bb95f.jpg
Can you separate out the burnt ones & weigh what's left?
That pic looks like you may just under 50%!

11 minutes ago, gravelmonkey said:

IMG_20190909_175916720.jpg

IMG_20190909_175837848.jpg

There are no magic cheap beans....just crap ones.

• Like 2

Instagram - rjw_inc

8 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

Can you separate out the burnt ones & weigh what's left?
That pic looks like you may just under 50%!

I'm at work for a month so can't do that, but I suspect you may be correct...

Burnt a batch, managed a roughly ok bath, mixed them together 😑

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Burnt a batch, managed a roughly ok bath, mixed them together

Don’t set your bath on fire
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PPapa said:

Don’t set your bath on fire emoji58.png

Oh if only you knew how close . . . Cast iron bath, just discussing a new paint design on the side which included flames, like a cauldron 🤭 🧙🏻‍♀️ 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

2 hours ago, MildredM said:

Burnt a batch, managed a roughly ok bath, mixed them together 😑

Very much looks like that.

Made a pourover with them. Tastes a bit burnt, still better than the cheap instant on offer though.

I share coffee beans with work colleagues so the beans will get used quickly without too much complaint. Working on the "problem shared is a problem halved" approach!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1