BellaBee

Sage Bambino Plus - cleaning lights won't stop flashing

Hi There

I've had my machine for a couple of months. It's been through the cleaning cycle twice. 

Following the second clean, the 1-cup and 2-cup lights (signalling a clean is required) still flash when the machine is switched on.. 

I have cleaned it again, but the lights are still flashing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

On 10/08/2019 at 19:43, BellaBee said:

the lights are still flashing.

happened to me also when trying to perform my very first cleaning process. well, that particular "still flashing" issue was due to the fact that i simply did not let the machine complete the entire cycle on its own. started all over again and after 5 long minutes of restarts and pauses, my bambi was working again, as expected.

what's your experience on the matter? and how freq do you descale your machine, please?

I know what you mean about letting it run through the cycle.

The problem in this case though was that there was a fault with the machine. When I phoned Sage about it, they asked for the number on the bottom of the machine, and told me that it was a known fault. I swapped it for a new one, and haven't had any problems since.

Is water supposed to come out? 

Ran the cleaning cycle with a full tank and 2L bowl underneath expecting a deluge. But nothing came out and the machine sounded like it was going to explode. 

Cleared the blinking lights though. 

No the water isn't meant to come out. Oddly, on my first machine it did because there was a tiny hole in the rubber thing you put in the cup. I have read about this in other threads. But, no, that high ppressure is needed to clean the head. 

Edited by BellaBee
Typo

They have dropped the hole on some models. If some one want one a pin should do it.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

Glad someone has raised this question as I can't get my girlfriends Bambino to clear the flashing lights either. In fact it doesn't seem like the machine is doing a cleaning cycle at all. I start by pressing and holing both 1 & 2 cup buttons until they remain lit, then if I press either the 1 or 2 cup it just seems to run an extraction cycle. The manual says the light to flash, I assume both 1 & 2 cup should flash?

Sage Oracle, SGP, Niche Zero, joey24dirt custom tamper

Aeropress

Glad someone has raised this question as I can't get my girlfriends Bambino to clear the flashing lights either. In fact it doesn't seem like the machine is doing a cleaning cycle at all. I start by pressing and holing both 1 & 2 cup buttons until they remain lit, then if I press either the 1 or 2 cup it just seems to run an extraction cycle. The manual says the light to flash, I assume both 1 & 2 cup should flash?

Isn’t this how you set the extraction time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

1 hour ago, joey24dirt said:

Isn’t this how you set the extraction time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar, pressing both buttons for 2 seconds allows for programming, 5 seconds for cleaning cycle..... is how I've read the instructions. Having said that my machine seems to of re-programmed the buttons!

• Like 1

Aeropress

With a bit more testing, I can't see how to get my Bambino into the cleaning cycle?? Pressing the 1 & 2 cup buttons I can see start the programming mode for volume but continuing to hold the buttons doesn't seem to change anything? Am I doing something wrong? I think it is a case of holding the buttons for 5 seconds? When I do this I don't see anything change and when I then press either 1 or 2 cup, it just starts to flow in order to program the button flow.....

Aeropress

Can I check with you that when you try to enter the cleaning cycle, the 1 and 2 cups are flashing intermittently? Then you press them both for 5 seconds, which stops the intermittent flashing. To start the cleaning cycle, you press either button. The flashing resumes until the cleaning cycle is complete, when all three lights are on and constant.

Right, ok, I know what's wrong. Got so used to seeing the lights flashing I hadn't really payed enough attention and noticed that it's the descale warning and not the normal cleaning anymore! Off to do a descale now rather than another clean, that might help.....

• Like 2

Aeropress

To perform the cleaning cycle, you have to press 1cup buttons and 2 cups buttons, WHILE the lights alternately ARE FLASHING. Then it shall start the cleaning cycle. DO NOT start from the machine is off.