Dunk

EK43 - £500

4 of them!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Posted (edited)

Just a bit too far away from me. Otherwise may have been tempted to go check out the condition in person

How would you know if you can trust the guy to actually send you the thing? Or that it doesn't turn up and it's knackered?

Edited by Fez

LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

Just now, Fez said:

Just a bit too far away from me. 

How would you know if you can trust the guy to actually send you the thing? Or that it doesn't turn up and it's knackered?

That's my worry aswell

One just went on eBay too for £500, the same seller is selling a few things including a couple of gs3’s. No history behind the seller though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, KTD said:

One just went on eBay too for £500, the same seller is selling a few things including a couple of gs3’s. No history behind the seller though.

It's a bit dodgy... The EK43 doesn't have the branding on the side either. Not sure if this means it's an older model and it'll be the Turkish burrs/Brew burrs age.

The service sticker says 1957...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KTD said:

Ah yeah - completely missed that...

16 minutes ago, KTD said:

I would imagine there's an innocent explanation for that. It's clearly completely wrong, and it would be a very stupid attempt at fraud since there's a web address on there.

• Like 1

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Just now, filthynines said:

I would imagine there's an innocent explanation for that. It's clearly completely wrong, and it would be a very stupid attempt at fraud since there's a web address on there.

Yeah I was just thinking that - the internet wasn't invented til the 80s!

45 minutes ago, KTD said:

At a guess based on the (I think) Thai writing on the sticker, it might be in the Thai solar calendar. Googling says 2019 works out to 2562. If that helps anyone haha.

Also now showing as £1000 each.

Probably a good thing as it was too tempting at £500, even though I don't think EKspresso is for me 

• Like 2

LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

Even £1000 for a good condition EK43 with coffee burrs is a good price no?

It’s Turkish burrs methinks (model is EK43/1T), but yeah £1k is still a really good price.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)