MartinB

Gaggia G106/La Pavoni Professional Lever Machine

Posted (edited)

It's time to sell my beloved Gaggia 'Tin Man' which is fairly identical to the La Pavoni Professional and uses pretty much the same parts as the Professional. Rumour has it they're made in the same factory and it is equivalent to a millenium/post millenium Pavoni being made after the year 2000.

Overall it is in very good condition and shines up well! Included is a naked portafilter which I made myself - it's not to the same standard as a shop-bought item but for a home-made effort it does the job - I have also added a temp strip to the grouphead. I have also fitted a single-hole tip to the steam arm, this is one of the best upgrades you can do to these machines as the standard tip has 3 holes and is extremely difficult to manage. The machine was descaled a couple of months ago and hardly used since. There is no structural rust or rot under the drip tray - there's a speck of surface rust but that'll probably come away with a bit of elbow grease. The basket included is a double basket

In the spirit of honesty, here are a few negligble points to note

There are a couple of marks to the chromed boiler which are pictured. Due to the location of these I think its where milk has splashed onto the boiler and hasn't been cleaned off by the previous owner.

When I bought the machine earlier this year, the dial for the pressure gauge was loose and had become detached from the gauge. I have since misplaced this, however between 10pm - 11pm on the gauge is around the right pressure for the machine (around 1 bar I think). A new gauge is readily available online and simply screws in.

I noticed whilst cleaning it this evening that the plastic clip that attaches the base to the chassis has come loose. Again, it seems fine as it is and it's still attached to the chassis with the screw that goes into the area under the drip tray,  but if the new owner wanted to, a new base is approximately £8 online

I would prefer collection as these items are delicate. I won't rule out packaging up as secure as I can and posting, but I can't accept any responsibility for damage in transit i'm afraid. On the plus side, if collecting i'll demo the machine and make you a drink!

I am looking for £330 collected from South Oxfordshire. I would have thought postage via Parcelforce would be around £15 but please bear in mind that this is not preferred and I can't accept  liability for damage so the buyer bears the risk of this. 

QMJ64Gyh.jpg

More pics here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ycE53dzkHFDmQQv99

Edited by MartinB
  • Like 2

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Do you mean - The buyer bears the risk of this. ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hubcap said:

Do you mean - The buyer bears the risk of this. ?

Yes! Thanks for pointing that out! 

• Like 1

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Just to add - I will be travelling to Bristol tomorrow, so could potentially hook-up if anyone between Oxfordshire and Bristol areas were keen.

Can I make a suggestion, to have a photo of the machine without the “hat”?

10 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Can I make a suggestion, to have a photo of the machine without the “hat”?

Great idea! 

Photo here:

IMG_20190803_091021.jpg

• Like 1

Open to offers :)

Will be in London on Saturday (Lee Valley area) so could potentially do a meet-up.

Thursday bump! 

Shame there's no love for the Tin Man! He's currently gathering dust and would love a new home!

I will be travelling from Oxfordshire to Devon this coming weekend if anyone wants to meet up en route - did I mention i'm open to offers? I also have a tamper and dosing ring that I can include too.

Going to keep this up for sale as per its current condition, but i'm likely to replace the base and pressure gauge in due course and re-advertise as and when. Will update this thread once i've done so. 

Haven't had the time to replace the gauge and base yet, but it's still here!

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)