urbanbumpkin

Problems with TV Repair in Warranty. Help

I know that there’s a few forum members that are clued up with consumer rights, hope you can help.

I bought a new Hisense a couple of months ago. It had an ongoing problem which after several emails with Hisense they agreed to have the TV collected by their out sourced repair company Repair Tech.

I arranged collection, I was advised that the courier would supply the packaging (we weren’t to use our own). My wife was in when they collected it one of the couriers packaged it up and took it away.

Anyway I spoke to them today and they’re saying the TV arrived to their workshop with a smashed screen and Hisense won’t authorise the repair as the product was insufficiency packed.

They’ve confirmed they weren’t sure whether it was them not providing the correct packaging to the courier or whether the courier was given it but didn’t use it.

Either way they’re blaming us for not ensuring the tv was package correctly.

I have pictures of the TV in perfect working order, and the courier also took photos too.

Repair tech are advising we need to take it up with the courier. We’re disagreeing as it’s ultimately the courier is contracted by repair tech.

Currently without a TV. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Posted (edited)

I’m tired so I’ll turn my mind to this properly tomorrow. My instinct is Hisense are liable for the courier’s actions (or those of repair tech)  because they act as agents for Hisense and so they are liable to you as principal. But it’s a knotty problem so let me have a think.

Edited by filthynines
  • Like 1

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

I know that there’s a few forum members that are clued up with consumer rights, hope you can help.

I bought a new Hisense a couple of months ago. It had an ongoing problem which after several emails with Hisense they agreed to have the TV collected by their out sourced repair company Repair Tech.

I arranged collection, I was advised that the courier would supply the packaging (we weren’t to use our own). My wife was in when they collected it one of the couriers packaged it up and took it away.

Anyway I spoke to them today and they’re saying the TV arrived to their workshop with a smashed screen and Hisense won’t authorise the repair as the product was insufficiency packed.
They’ve confirmed they weren’t sure whether it was them not providing the correct packaging to the courier or whether the courier was given it but didn’t use it.

Either way they’re blaming us for not ensuring the tv was package correctly.

I have pictures of the TV in perfect working order, and the courier also took photos too.

Repair tech are advising we need to take it up with the courier. We’re disagreeing as it’s ultimately the courier is contracted by repair tech.

Currently without a TV. Any suggestions?

Speak to citizen advice but my thoughts are Hisense need to sort things out with the courier sinse they arranged the collection & have the contract with them not you.
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

"I arrange collection..." - who actually contracted the services of the courier?  Was it Hisense (and you simply spoke with the couriers to arrange a convenient date/time) or did you select the courier yourself, etc.

If it's damaged caused by the courier - and sufficient proof exists to say that is the case - then the onus is on whoever contracted the services of the courier to claim compensation from them accordingly, a 3rd party cannot claim.

• Like 1

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

I think both ashcroc and MrShades have the right idea.

Do you have a copy of the warranty wording? I think that will answer most questions.

Coffee by the Casuals

Posted (edited)

1. Did you pay buy credit card (if so you may be covered by section 75)

2. Who did you purchase the television from was it Hisense directly or a retailer?

Edited by DavecUK

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

52 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

2. Who did you purchase the television from was it Hisense directly or a retailer?

The retailer question is going to be a bit of a dead end now that there’s this intervening issue. That *might* lead to the same problem with Section 75, until the “who’s to blame” issue is resolved.

• Like 1

Coffee by the Casuals

Tv purchased from richersounds 6 yr guarantee.

Bought with a mixture of cash and credit card.

Spoke to a sensible contact at Hisense today. They’re escalating this with their head office, they’ve agreed our current scenario isn’t what it should be...which sounds positive.

"I arrange collection..." - who actually contracted the services of the courier?  Was it Hisense (and you simply spoke with the couriers to arrange a convenient date/time) or did you select the courier yourself, etc..

It was Repair Tech (the UK repair contractor for Hisense) who selected the courier

Tv purchased from richersounds 6 yr guarantee.

Bought with a mixture of cash and credit card.

That gives you CC protection for the full amount.
Spoke to a sensible contact at Hisense today. They’re escalating this with their head office, they’ve agreed our current scenario isn’t what it should be...which sounds positive.

Glad you're getting somewhere. Especially where the TV is at an age where you could've just asked for a replacement instead of a repair.

It was Repair Tech (the UK repair contractor for Hisense) who selected the courier

Up to them to chase the courier companythen. Especially since they packed it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Usually common sense prevails, these companies are not out to purposely upset their customers. The problem sometimes is speaking to someone with some common sense, strangely enough a rarity in some companies customer service departments. I'm 100% certain it will get resolved to your satisfaction. It may not be the 3 day turnaround we would all like but I am sure it will be OK.

I had an HP Omen 32 monitor with 3 not dead but stuck on different colour Pixels, you could hardly see it, but because they were linked it met the replacement guidelines. 1 close up photo, a call and e-mail....2 days later a guy turns up at my door with a padded bag, Monitor slipped inside and brand new monitor in a Box left for me to place back on the desk. No fuss no argument.

When Eddie (cat) died of cancer, was told insurance company may not pay out by Vets, wasn't approved one, Trustpilot had some bad reviews. I said to the Vet ensure ONLY stuff to do with the cancer and diagnostics were on the bill, plus any remedial treatment and the cost to euthanise. Not the dental cost (they thought initially that's why he wasn't eating) extensive work costing £480. So there was around £650 to pay. Bill sent by vets to insurance company,  I filled in claim form (took a few minutes), 5 days later the £650 was in my bank account, plus a letter saying how sorry they were for my loss.

Generally I have found almost all companies I have used to be great to deal with, apart from mobile and internet providers...they still have some way to go. Some, not all, white goods manufacturers can also be problematic. The worst customer service and consumer protection is often the most expensive purchase you will ever make....funny that?

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Update ....Hisense are looking to instruct their repair company (repair tech) to source a new TV after getting liability from their courier.

• Like 3

Update ....Hisense are looking to instruct their repair company (repair tech) to source a new TV after getting liability from their courier.

Congrats. Considering the age of the TV, they should have just replaced to begin with.
  • Like 1

Latest update.....courier is rejecting claim.

Repair Tech (hisenses out sourced repair company) won’t authorise the refund without this. Ironically they have now confirmed that the TV was in the correct packaging but this shows no sign of damage. As such this is apparently not covered as this is classed as transit damage (makes no sense to me).

Hisense keep referring me back to Repair Tech.

Any suggestions?

Latest update.....courier is rejecting claim.

Repair Tech (hisenses out sourced repair company) won’t authorise the refund without this. Ironically they have now confirmed that the TV was in the correct packaging but this shows no sign of damage. As such this is apparently not covered as this is classed as transit damage (makes no sense to me).

Hisense keep referring me back to Repair Tech.

Any suggestions?

How exactly does that mean that you should be out of pocket?
Think at this point I'd be demanding a replacement or a full refund from Hisense (since they arranged the repair company who arranged the courier) as they're in breach of your consumer rights. You may want to contact a lawyer or citizens advice to find out exactly where you stand.
  • Like 1

Just go ballistic on twitter!

• Like 1

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Who did you give money to for the warranty? They are the ones responsible for sorting it.

• Like 1