IGNORED

Profitec 600

Yeah, the rotary pump is 0-60 in 2 seconds! ūüėČ

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

I went for a Pro 600, had it for nearly 18 months now. Very happy with it and most likely would choose it again if I was buying a machine now.

A bit smaller than the P700/Synchronika which was a must for me as kitchen space is limited. 

Vibe pump was also a plus for me - smaller, the noise doesn't bother me, more gentle ramp up and easy/cheap to replace if it fails (~£15-20). Only downside really is that you can't plumb in (easily... I think it is technically possible to plumb in a vibe pump machine as I'm sure someone did it on the Home Barista forum), but I don't think I would ever want to so a non issue for me really.

The service boiler is smaller than the P700 - only 1 litre vs 2+ litres? But I don't see this as a downside at all. Quicker to heat up from cold, and it still can be set to 134 deg C (~2 bar), where it is a steaming monster! I only run mine at 125 and it is plenty quick enough for my needs. Recovers in just a few seconds ready for the next jug of milk.

Also very temp consistent for back to back shots (tested mine with a group thermometer).

@Waitforme Yes, I added the flow control device later. To be honest I don't really use it much - it's nice to be able to control the rate of preinfusion but I would be quite happy without it. It doesn't necessarily improve the coffee, it can just make it different. It adds another variable which I don't really have time to play with at the moment!