So a loyalty bonus from work approaches and I find myself looking to upgrade my ole Rancillio to a dual boiler machine and I am looking at this as the (almost) perfect machine.

I’m a fair distance away from Bella Barista or else I would have had a demo by now, so once I commit to a visit there I will be probably buying so until then I’m looking for opinions from owners.

The other machines I’m looking at are (obviously) the rocket 58, lellit bianca and the big brother Profitec 700.

All dual boilers, frankly none of them would make a bad coffee. So what are the pro’s and cons for this machine.

My concerns are size, ease of use and serviceability/reliability.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why have only those 4 made it onto the list? The Minima is a good contender too. Are you looking to profile shots? The Bianca is the only one on that list that can profile flow. Sage Dual Boiler has some capabilities to do this with a reversible mod. They're all e61 groups, with slow ramp up pressure, but with no pre-infusion as far as I'm aware, however you could mimic a pre-infusion with the Bianca however. 

Just interested as to why those have made it onto your shortlist.

Bianca gives you the flexibility to pull traditional shots and flow profile. 

I'll say it again, the r58 is over priced now v the features the Bianca has

What size do you actually have, the Bianca has a moveable water tank and actually comes with a good tamper

Check the DavecUK review and the home bariata review for more info . 

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

What can I say, I’m a shallow man and looks are a lot. I jest (a bit). Pressure profiling is not something that interests me as frankly it confuses me and I dread to think what it would do for my wife who won’t use my Rancillia never mind something with pressure profiles.
The Bianca intrigued me so made the list.
The sage is something that should interest me, it’s feature packed and does what it says on the tin but this is where my shallow side does kick in....... it’s not what I want a coffee machine to look like.
The Minima I do like the looks of and I’m reading a bit about this now.
Since I started this coffee journey several years ago I have yearned for a Rocket R58 and this is what I have always wanted my coffee machine to look like, but now standing on the precipice of buying one and being analytical about things the Profitecs do sound a better machines for a similar amount. I’m not able to change machines often so I would rather excite all the senses when I have the opportunity.

Eureka 65e grinder

Space wise I can fit my grinder under my wall unit but have to remove my short hopper to fill it.
Judging by sizes I “should” be able to fit the machine under the wall units but probably won’t be able to use the cup warmer on any machine and filling them will be a pain.

If filling is a problem that's where the bianca has a great feature, you can mount the water tank to the left or right of the machine. You also need to remember that with the bianca you don't have to play with the pressure, it's just there if you want to experiment. 

Personally given your budget I'd be choosing between a Bianca or minima. 

• Like 1

LR, ZM

I had the same sort of choices in my head when I went to BB just over a year ago .. I think the difference between 600 and 700 is the pump which makes the price difference . I liked the build on the Profitec , when you open them up everything is nicely laid out . The Bianca and Rocket looked busy on the inside . I wanted something I could work on easily if needed . I went with the Pro 700 .. But if you love the Rocket go with that , they do look good .

• Like 1

I bought a Profitec 600 from Bella Barista and am very happy with it. I considered the Rocket R58 but the larger footprint and what to me looks like a rather clumsy add on PID display put me off. If filling will be a pain then why not go for a machine that can be plumbed in? The Profitec 600 does not offer this option whereas the 700 does. You may find that the size of the water tank on the 600 makes refilling a rather too frequent chore if you are constantly dragging a heavy machine out to refill it. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for the opinions thus far, I may well have a drive down to BB next week as I have some time off.
It’s a long trip but for should be worth it if I can see the machines in the flesh as it were.

• Like 1

Defo worth it.

I went there to buy an expobar office pulser. Came out with a Profitec 700!

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 21:49, Spooks said:

So a loyalty bonus from work approaches and I find myself looking to upgrade my ole Rancillio to a dual boiler machine and I am looking at this as the (almost) perfect machine.

I’m a fair distance away from Bella Barista or else I would have had a demo by now, so once I commit to a visit there I will be probably buying so until then I’m looking for opinions from owners.

The other machines I’m looking at are (obviously) the rocket 58, lellit bianca and the big brother Profitec 700.

All dual boilers, frankly none of them would make a bad coffee. So what are the pro’s and cons for this machine.

My concerns are size, ease of use and serviceability/reliability.

TIA

I have had a Profitech 600 DB for 13 months now, from Bella Barista, and I have not a days trouble with it, makes a fabulous shot with whatever beans you use, I have many different beans through it and as long as you have a decent grinder you won't go wrong, I have always stuck to 19g in and 38/40g out in 30-35 secs and I have had nothing but good results, keep a good cleaning routine up as per your book and the 600 will make you a very happy person indeed.😁😁

• Like 1

Osmio Zero Reverse Osmosis System-No Installation, Niche Zero, Profitec 600 Dual Boiler.

Just visited Bella Barista, just shy of 400 miles to get down, and after speaking to the guys it looks like an ECM is on the horizon for me. The profitec is a great choice but after playing around with the machines with my wife we have decided to go the ECM route.
I would defo recommend anyone to visit Bella barista btw, top place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2