Colinz

I ❤️ my Mara

My first espresso machine arrived a month ago from Bella Barrista and I am loving it. Office shuts down at 11 for the Latte's. To date my latte art has included an amoba, a wiggly snake and a cactus.

Now In the process of speeding up the process by selling my Kinu and replacing it with a Niche.

IMG_2286.JPG

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I love my Mara too, I have to same with the wooden bits! Once you have the niche our setups will match. 

What levelling tool do you use? Do you find it helps with consistency? 

Edited by Wobbit
  • Like 1

Snap.

Drinking Monmouth this week and trying Red Brick next.

Congrats again, it great to hear your enthusiasm!

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Hi Wobbit - I'm using a Motta, which arrived last week. I was getting bored with tapping this way and that in my attempts to level the coffee. I have this screwed right back so theres very little pressure applied by the Motta prior to tamping

• Like 1

What a cutie! You say office, is this at work then? Beats the hell out of our BTC machine.

GS3, Ceado E92, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11 hours ago, lake_m said:

What a cutie! You say office, is this at work then? Beats the hell out of our BTC machine.

Thanks lake_m. I work from home so can enjoy 24/7 espresso’s with my Mara. As l don't have much spare worktop space this baby fits in perfectly.

Posted (edited)

I bought my Mara about a month ago from BB too (went for the black "bakelite style" knobs as I thought they made it look more retro). I also bought a Mignon to go with it, I think these look fairly retro too (can you tell I like the retro look 😁). I originally thought I would upgrade to a Niche at sometime but I'm getting coffee I'm happy with (I'm never going to be a perfectionist or coffee geek) and decided a modern looking grinder would destroy the overall look.

Good to see a couple of other folks are loving their Mara's too 👍!

Edited by DDoe
  • Like 1

Just added this to my Mara - a Lelit naked filter with a 22g basket. Perfect for Square mile coffees

IMG_2308.JPG

• Like 2

On 09/08/2019 at 16:47, Colinz said:

Just added this to my Mara - a Lelit naked filter with a 22g basket. Perfect for Square mile coffees

IMG_2308.JPG

Ooo! where did you find this?